Isuzu SUV Forum banner

The ozarkduck truck

12K views 58 replies 8 participants last post by  comerz 
#1 ·
YES, the ozarkduck truck. The name came from my handle I use on my Cb radio, which came from a mixture of the song convoy (my dad and I use to listen to it together when i was just a little kid), and where I live, the Ozark mountains. I have done a lot of stuff to my rig, but there is much more to come. I use to have a build thread, but it was in the wrong section and I barely ever updated it. So now I'm just gonna use this one.
So far, I have: lifted the front by torsion bar(the back comes next friday), ball joint flip, new mau5 transmission with only 100000 miles on it, removed restrictors in y-pipe, cut everything out of cat conv, removed front bumper valence, wig wag turn signal mod, cobra cb radio, led red underflow dash lights in the interior (I can make them solid or flash with the bass), added drivers side "oh ****" handle, all new gaskets on top end of engine, all new gaskets in exausht system, all new stereo equipment including two 10 kicker comps (the good ones not the cheap Walmart kind), one dual 12in sub, jl audio 6.5s in the front door, eclipse in the back, jl audio 300/4 and mosfett 400 amps, and jl audio tweeter system all around.

#2 ·
I will eventually upload pictures, but right now my phone is being a POS and won't let me.

#3 ·
Some pictures

Attachments

#4 ·
My lift kit. Going on next friday

Attachments

#5 ·
Like the sunroof,c.b.,nice first generation rodeo. Will look good with lift. Tony

Reactions: comerz
#6 ·
I've talked to you on Instagram haha... Good to make the connection on here as well. Truck looks good. I'm still interested in what that lift ends up looking like and its' performance. Any reason you went wth that particular kit as opposed to, say, a shackle, or a a more traditional leaf you add to the bottom of the pack?
-J 8)

#7 ·
Thanks guys. And yeah I own 4x4isuzu on Instagram. Lol. And well, I wanted the rear to be stiffer and I couldn't find the traditional add a leaf, supposedly auto zone discontinued them, and this was only $45!! I really hope it works. Kinda nervous about it...

#8 ·
Does it go in the bottom of your spring pack to curve the springs?

#10 ·
Some more pictures. Tad is the man. He helped me figure out how to fix the picture problem

Attachments

#11 ·
More pictures

Attachments

#12 ·
The lift goes on tomorrow

Attachments

#14 ·
Yeah buddy!!! 3.5 inches of difference

Attachments

#15 ·
Also bought a bigger shackle to put on there. I plan on putting those on there tomorrow. At some point in time I'll do a long a arm setup with calmani torsion bars, short bump stops, and balljoing spacers to get even more lift out of her. Then when I get money, SAS.

#17 ·
I might. When you do the diff drop, do you have to take the cross member that runs from a arm to a arm and lower it somehow?

#18 ·
More shots of the lift

Attachments

#19 ·
Havent gotten to add the shackle yet. I gotta go find some bigger bolts for it and also get some metal to weld in between the shackles to keep it from swaying and bending lol.

#20 ·
New cb hooked up.

Attachments

#21 ·
Finally. Put the new shackle on. Put it on the lowest notch and cut it. Got about 2 inches out of it. Sitting at 4 inches over stock now. Very happen with it

Attachments

#22 ·
I dont have pictures yet, but last night i got my rims painted graphite and painted my tire carrier black (it was really rusty). Tonight I plan on painting my side mirrors and the panels behind the back windows and above the back windshield. Im really hoping I can run across some black bumpers and get rid of the chrome ones. At some point Im gonna try to find a new grille because all my clips are cracked. Not to mention I want an isuzu logo lol

#23 ·
Last night I smoked all my lights. All of them are still as bright as usual because I used transparent paint. I did a light coat on my headlights and dark coats on all my others. Pictures to come tonight. I will be installing leds (theyre ordered and on the way) so if I get pulled over I can tell them I installed leds to compensate for the darkness (even though I didnt lose any light to them lol) and because I like my lights being bright as all hell.

#24 ·
Pictures as promised

Attachments

#26 ·
Thanks man. Means alot. Im trying to slowly get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.