Isuzu SUV Forum banner

My 2000 Trooper Thread "Bane"

11K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  superman27344 
#1 ·
My husband said that he didn't start his thread until he had already had his truck for 4 years and then had to play catch up, so naturally I am gonna do mine better, lol. So far the only changes made since buying it have been the new wheels and tires we put on it today. More pics to come as more gets changed.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
A couple of weekends ago me and my husband spent a day cleaning the protective "at one time clear" tape junk off the rocker panel covers, then we sanded and painted them to match the truck. I think its a pretty big improvement. The pictures earlier in my thread show the nasty looking tape still in place. Now to try to find some center caps for these wheels and a brush guard. :D

Attachments

#8 ·
Look what my husband was nice enough to put on today for me. He said that now my CV joints wont be turning all the time, but I just think they look cool, lol. He also replaced the headlight that the previous owner had put silicone on in order to seal the crack in it. Hopefully just a couple of more weeks and I will have a brush guard for it.

Attachments

#9 ·
Your husband is as lucky as I in that my wife loves her Trooper also. How cool it is to have a wife that loves an old truck. Must be that you share the same color, kidding. It just fits her and I was so glad to see her driving it in recent bad weather.

Classic chicks in classic trucks, gotta love it. Keep the mods coming along.

#12 ·
You too John. Thank you again. Lou told me your screen name but when I posted I couldn't remember it so I just put a planet member until you or him corrected me, lol. Yeah, every time we cross the border into SC Lou has to get Krystal and I have to get fireworks, lol.

#15 ·
My husband and I still haven't gotten the time to install the off road lights yet, but tonight Lou was good enough to put these LED dome lights on for me. Much brighter over the stock bulbs.

Attachments

#16 ·
Finally got Lou to put my lights on the brush guard today while I was cleaning the interior and armoralling everything. They look good to me. Probably gonna test them out tonight to see just how much light they put out.

Attachments

#17 ·
We tried to get good pictures of them going down the road, but the quality of the camera on our phones wasn't making for a good comparison. Instead, we did it behind our house. The first shot is with no lights on, next up is a shot with the low beams on, then the high beams, and finally just the Rough Country LEDs.

Attachments

#18 ·
Very Nice. I met Lou a few weeks ago - you are married to a truely nice guy.
Showed me your Trooper - that is a nice, well cared for truck.

My wife does not drive a Trooper but she likes mine.
Troopers have been my daily drivers since early 1990's when my 4 year old
son and I went looking for cars. Jon sat in the passenger seat of a 1989
Trooper and said "Dad, I sit high enough that I can see out, buy it" - and I did.
Every other vehicle, Jon sat so low that all he saw was the dash :)

Those locking hubs are pretty cool. Have to find some for mine too.

Carl

#19 ·
Thanks Carl!

I've heard a lot about you too over the last few weeks. From what Lou tells me you're an alright guy yourself :)
We really appreciate all your help and all the parts we've gotten from you, I love my Isuzu mat in the back!
Hopefully I'll get to meet you one day soon!

The locking hubs are nice....next up...the 16" flakes sitting in the back yard!!

#22 ·
Since I now have the Amigo for off-roading, the mods on this baby will be minimal from now on. We did take off the mudflap pieces off to make her look a little better and may do some bigger tires the next time she needs them, but other than that, she's gonna stay pretty as my daily driver. I think she's earned an easy life :)

Attachments

#24 ·
Well it took a while but Lou finally found a set of roof rack brackets for Bane at Pull-A-Part while he was off for the holidays. Yesterday we cleaned and painted them before bolting them on. The cross bars are just some regular Thule load bars that we scored off craigslist on the cheap. The end result looks pretty good in my opinion. Now to wander craigslist for a while longer hunting a cheap roof basket, lol.

Attachments

#26 ·
Yesterday, Lou took Bane and got it some new tires and an alignment. This time we went with 255 70 16s and even though they are only slightly larger than the previous tires, they really improve the overall look of the truck. Plus these ones are 60k mile tires instead of the cheapy 30k mile tires we had on it before.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.