Isuzu SUV Forum banner

FS: '91 Isuzu Trooper - Coil Sprung SAS (SALE PENDING)

5K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  paulevans76 
#1 ·
'91 Isuzu Trooper - Coil Sprung SAS - For Sale!

Well, this is Ruby's old stomping ground, so, I felt that I should place the first post on PlanetIsuzu. Of course. Asking price of $5720. (what a bargain!!!)

Trooper is located in Portland, Oregon. And, is capably driven throughout the US if you want to fly in and drive her away.

I'm selling my '91 Isuzu Trooper. Discover below what she's all about. Each item with the link "see notes and images" gives you more information about specific areas of the truck. Click on those links to reveal more.

(If you want to see this advert in HTML, there are more links and images there, click here: '91 Isuzu Trooper - Coil Sprung SAS - For Sale)

[IMG=center]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd403/11ptekcub/91trooper/rubytrooper_1.jpg[/IMG]

Here are some details on the vehicle and build:

• Engine, Transmission and Transfer Case
    • GM v6 2.8L, with electronic fuel injection
      this is a common GM engine and replacement parts are very economical
      [/*]
    • 5 speed manual transmission
      [/*]
    • Mileage 167,650, runs very strong with no engine oil leaks
      [/*]
    • Custom heavy duty extended lines for auxillary oil cooler ($120)
      [/*]
    • Tera Low 3.07 low range gear ($300)
      [/*]
    • MSD 6AL Ignition Control ($240)
      [/*]
    • MSD Blaster GM Coil & Tach Adapter ($70)
      [/*]
    • Accel 8.8mm spark plug wires
      [/*]
    • Transmission and transfer case vents end in engine bay for improved protection from water crossings
      [/*]

[/*]
  • Body & Interior
    • 3" body lift ($170) including raising and armoring gas tank
      [/*]
    • Custom heavy duty rocksliders welded to frame members
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • Custom ¼" wall heavy duty bumper with two recovery points and winch mounting plate
      [/*]
    • Dual fire extinguishers install ($60)
      [/*]
    • Headliner is clean and in very good condition (1 small tear)
      [/*]
    • Tinted windows (greatly reduce solar heat gain and damage)
      [/*]
    • Rear has custom carpet fitted (padded and very clean)
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • Rear has platform to mount 5' Hi-lift, and body has mount point for Hi-lift base
      [/*]

[/*]
  • Wheels & Tires
    • Series 97, 15x8 steel wheels ($300)
      includes wheel lock nuts and full-size spare
      [/*]
    • Interco - TrXus MT Radial, 35"x12.50R15LT ($1,600)
      4 tires 95% tread, and new spare tire with 100% tread, no tread/lug damage
      [/*]
    • Centramatic wheel balancers ($200)[/i]
      NO balancing weights needed, longer tire life, permanent solution to balancing
      [/*]

[/*]
  • Front Axle
    • Solid axle swap (SAS) from stock independent front suspension (IFS)
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • Jeep Wagoneer Dana 44 front axle ($150)
      [/*]
    • Yukon Dana 44 5.38 gears ($250)
      low miles on gears
      [/*]
    • OX Locker, shifter & cable ($1000)
      [/*]
    • Axle knuckles rotated for proper caster and pinion orientation
      [/*]
    • Warn Premium manual hubs ($120)
      [/*]
    • Custom flange for transfer case output ($90)
      [/*]
    • Custom CV front driveshaft ($180)
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • Procomp lift coil springs ($130)
      [/*]
    • Currie ACOS spring adjusters with custom aluminum extensions ($220)
      [/*]
    • TnT Customs Front axle truss with coil perches ($180)
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • TnT Customs HD lower coil mount with shock stud ($130)
      [/*]
    • TnT Customs long control arms ($550)
      [/*]
    • Stainless steel brake lines ($45)
      [/*]
    • Front disk brakes
      [/*]

[/*]
  • Rear Axle
    • Isuzu Rodeo Dana 44 rear axle ($150)
      [/*]
    • Yukon Dana 44 5.38 gears ($250)
      low miles on gears
      [/*]
    • Detroit Locker Dana 44 ($580)
      [/*]
    • One-piece custom CV drive shaft ($220)
      [/*]
    • TnT Customs U-bolt Eliminator ($150)
      [/*]
    • Bluetorch Fabworks ¼" differential cover with truss extension ($80)
      [/*]
    • Custom ¼" steel truss with traction bar links and differential skidplate
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • Stainless steel brake lines ($45)
      [/*]
    • Rear disk brakes
      [/*]

[/*]
  • Extras
    • Tank skid plate armored with 11 gauge plate steel
      [/*]
    • Enlarged power steering cooler installed
      [/*]
    • 5 gallon air tank for on-board air ($80)
      air line plumbing to vehicle rear with quick connects
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • Thule Spare Me bike rack ($150)
      custom bracket extension for mounting on 35" tires
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • Sony stereo (with removeable faceplate) with 10 disc changer
      [/*]
    • Speaker for CB radio
      [/*]
    • New front windshield ($120)
      [/*]
    • New exhaust and muffler with custom pipe placement ($150)
      see notes and images
      [/*]
    • Hi-Lift off-road jack base ($40)
      [/*]
    • Pro Comp recovery tree strap
      [/*]
    • 3, ¾" D-ring shackles ($30)
      [/*]
    • Solid rear recovery point
      [/*]

[/*]
  • Notes
    • Engine
      At the time that this Trooper was made, GM owned 49% of Isuzu. Thus this hybrid was created. This is good, because the GM motor that is in this Trooper is reliable andparts are readily available and inexpensive. This engine runs strong and has virtually no fluid leaks. I recently moved from Colorado to Oregon, with the entire Trooper loaded to the gills with my stuff. The 900 mile drive was no problem and the engine felt stronger throughout the drive. Even fully loaded, lifted, and running 35"s, I probably averaged around 18mpg. And, of course this Trooper is perfect for the GM 3.4 swap. That was on my To-Do list also. This Trooper with a 3.4 would be one super trail rig. Lastly, the Trooper has passed the latest Oregon DEQ Vehicle Emissions Test.

[/*]
    • Steering/Handling
      See any steering dampners on the linkage? No way! Steering dampeners are bandages on underlying steering design problems. From the very first drive after the SAS this Trooper has tracked straight and true. Never any death wobble. In fact if you feel the steering drift a little to the right, or to the left, it's probably a result of the crowned road surface. If the road is pan flat, the Trooper will go true straight with no hands on the steering wheel. I also believe that the Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers contribute to the smoothness of handling at highway speeds.

[/*]
    • Coil Sprung SAS Build
      Many of the SAS build items I priced above. But, of course that is just a fraction of the cost that was expended to achieve this quality build. First, all the raw steel cost quite a lot. Also, none of those prices include fabrication and/or installation fees. Have you recently priced gear installations? Have you priced a full axle swap lately?! I spent hundreds of hours designing and fabbing my coil sprung SAS build. It was never easy, but I am proud of what I accomplished. I think that you would also be proud to place your unique signature with your choices that would refine this great Trooper.

[/*]
    [/*]

Certainly, if you have any questions feel free to message me. I will try and get to you as quickly as possible.

[IMG=center]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd403/11ptekcub/91trooper/rubytrooper_2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG=center]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd403/11ptekcub/91trooper/rubytrooper_3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG=center]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd403/11ptekcub/91trooper/rubytrooper_4.jpg[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
'91 Isuzu Trooper - Coil Sprung SAS - For Sale! (addendum)

I guess posts have a limit of 10 URLs, so, I had to add this following post.

Here are some more links that were not allowed in the post above:

Thank you, for your consideration!!!

[IMG=center]http://syntheticnet.com/trooper/image/sas_complete_5.jpg[/IMG]

#3 ·
That thing is a beast! :twisted: Good luck with your sale!

#8 ·
SLipKnoTer106 said:
Damn, I wish I lived on the west coast right now. I would be contacting you to purchase it!!! That is one nice trooper.
Thanks! :) Sounds like road trip?! :evil:

I recently drove Ruby (or, she graciously took me) from Boulder, CO, to Portland, OR. She was packed to the gills with my stuff for the move. Saved all the fuel receipts, and she got ~18mpg, for the 1,200 miles. 8) Even shaped like a HUGE brick. As I said, the engine performed stronger and stronger as I made my destination.

I could change all the fluids for you and make sure that the Trooper's ready. If I had no doubt that she'd drive cross country, I'd make no mention of it. But, hey, Ruby can do it!!! :lol:

Here's what she looked like on the half nation trip:

[IMG=center]http://syntheticnet.com/trooper/image/thule_3.jpg[/IMG]

#9 ·
wmorrisiii said:
Really well done. Hope it sells to someone who appreciates all that great work.
Thanks, everybody! :) You know, I really hope that this happens too. I've been very careful/protective with my Trooper. Didn't build her for hardcore rock bashing, but to get in the back woods, and be independent, self sufficient and come back out.

Whoever you are, that becomes Ruby's new best friend, take good care of her. :cry:

#10 ·
Sent you an email.

#12 ·
RubyTrooper said:
SLipKnoTer106 said:
Damn, I wish I lived on the west coast right now. I would be contacting you to purchase it!!! That is one nice trooper.
Thanks! :) Sounds like road trip?! :evil:

I recently drove Ruby (or, she graciously took me) from Boulder, CO, to Portland, OR. She was packed to the gills with my stuff for the move. Saved all the fuel receipts, and she got ~18mpg, for the 1,200 miles. 8) Even shaped like a HUGE brick. As I said, the engine performed stronger and stronger as I made my destination.

I could change all the fluids for you and make sure that the Trooper's ready. If I had no doubt that she'd drive cross country, I'd make no mention of it. But, hey, Ruby can do it!!! :lol:

Here's what she looked like on the half nation trip:

[IMG=center]http://syntheticnet.com/trooper/image/thule_3.jpg[/IMG]
I'm deployed right now, but i'll be back in August. I live in KY. I would totally love to have it but I think that it'll sold by then. Hope it goes to a good home.

#13 ·
lorenzo816 said:
Bump and good luck with sale.
Nice rig.

Love how you don't have a steering damper. Neither do I
;)
Gee, thank you for that "bump". :wink: Much appreciated.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice build that you're working on. I'll have to check out your SAS thread more thoroughly in the coming days. Good luck on that!!

#15 ·
stusvend said:
Nice truck. Any rust?
Thanks! Ruby is a special truck. 8)

Now, about rust. Just superficial on the frame. Nothing that would worry anybody. Ruby is from Washington State, and lived half of her life in Colorado. Colorado stopped salting their roads in winter, so not much rust developed there.

There is some rust around the windshield frame. Also, there is a little rusty spot on the inside of the driver's side door, near the outer bottom corner. More of a cosmetic thing, but, again, it's internal.

Any other questions, just ask. :wink:

#16 ·
Man after watching her for all these years here and on the wire I can't believe ruby is for sale!!!! :(. Best of luck man and I wish I had the cash to take her in to my stable.

#17 ·
Got a go from the wife to purchase the rig. Only stip from the wife is I cant have 3 vehicles. So I am putting my Amigo up for sale. Will ping you right before I sell it to make sure you still got it.

However big thing is im in Florida. So I will def need all the fluids changed before the long drive (2000+ miles). i would have to fly in to portland and would need to be picked up if you could meet there, or if there is a closer airport to where your at thats fine too, i fly delta free anyways.

Reactions: lorenzo816
#18 ·
88bronzetrooper said:
Man after watching her for all these years here and on the wire I can't believe ruby is for sale!!!! :(. Best of luck man and I wish I had the cash to take her in to my stable.
Hey, Dylan! :wink: Thanks for chiming in here and giving Ruby some love. :love4: When I first logged back on the Planet, I thought that she was all but forgotten. :cry:

My goal for Ruby is to pass her on to an Isuzu owner more than anything. Would hate to sell it to somebody who has NO idea what it means to Isuzu. In the immortal words of Smiley, "It's an Isuzu thing... Hell, NO ONE understands!" :lol:

Yep, wish that I could pass on the keys to a buyer like you. :wink:

#19 ·
mansnorkle said:
Got a go from the wife to purchase the rig. Only stip from the wife is I cant have 3 vehicles. So I am putting my Amigo up for sale. Will ping you right before I sell it to make sure you still got it.

However big thing is im in Florida. So I will def need all the fluids changed before the long drive (2000+ miles). i would have to fly in to portland and would need to be picked up if you could meet there, or if there is a closer airport to where your at thats fine too, i fly delta free anyways.
:lol: Why is it that most everybody who has a strong interest in Ruby lives a quadrillion miles away?!?!

Oh, wait. I had a very interested person here on the west coast who was this close to buying her, but... his wife nixed the deal! :lol: Wives, they make life interesting. :shock:

Mr. ManSnorkLe, I'm a PM'ng you. :wink:

#20 ·
Okay, everybody, due to a recent move, my internets went a little haywirez. 8) But, just now I got the website with a more thorough/easier clickyface up and running. If you're interested just click here ~> For Sale: '91 Isuzu Trooper - Coil Sprung SAS

Thanks for your consideration. :wink:

#22 ·
I think we can consider it sold at this point ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.