Isuzu SUV Forum banner

SPRING UWHARRIE 2021, APR 28 - 2 MAY

12K views 115 replies 21 participants last post by  MarcusInMD 
#1 ·
Most everyone knows where and now you know when. :D

For those of you who don't know where Uwharrie is, please ask.

I'll have to keep this short and to the point unless some one else is willing to take this tread over.

Here is the rest of what the Staff Officer said... "Badin Lake Group Camp has capacity for 50 people at each of the 3 sites. There is a bathhouse with 4 individual showers, 2 individual flush toilets & 2 vault toilets. There are drinking water hydrants there too. The cost for those sites are $75 each but there is not power at the sites. There is power at the bathhouse. Usually, the hosts at KMP or at Badin Lake CG open the gate around 3:30 or 4 pm on the day for when a camper has a reservation."

I'm looking at the Arrowhead campground availability and sites #28-42 are available minus #31 (1st come bases) and #35... Which Jerry has reserved already.

I'm reserving site #34 in case I can make it.

I know some of y'all don't want to camp at Arrowhead which is y"alls choice, but if y'all take campsites further up from the camp host, I don't think we would have much of a problem with them. :wink:

Gotta stop for mow.

See less See more
#79 ·
Van, that's a bummer. Hopefully you can make the fall run and you are still doing good. Be safe

#80 ·
Van said:
I'm going to be a no-show... I'm checking to see if I can transfer my spot to anyone else that needs it. Will get back once I find out.
:(

#81 ·
In for Sat dinner. I can pay you thru your preferred electronic vendor or bring the cold hard cash.

But no Van??? Bummer! Hope you are doing well sir and hope to see you in the Fall.

#83 ·
Packed up and getting ready to hit the road. Were staying in central VA for the night. See ya'll tomorrow afternoon God willing.

Gonna try to do Waffles again at some point this week. Sat dinner sounds good to us. We'll bring some food too.

#85 ·
Oh, a month has come and gone and my ride is still in pieces. I'm gonna try my butt off to make it down at some point. My 3 little ones have 3 different school schedules, so between covid and busting and everything else I'm just hoping I can get alot done in the next couple days and not miss this. Seems like it may sprinkle a little friday ? Maybe itll keep the dust down !!!

#86 ·
I am really late to this party. I just learned about the event this week. I am trying to free my schedule. Are there any sites left? Is Van's site 34 still available?

My Trooper is still down with a blown head gasket. So, I will be in my Tan 2WD GMC Canyon. I plan to just bring a tent. I can stay Thursday through Saturday. I hope to get on the road from Atlanta by noon tomorrow. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can handle the camping stuff. I will have cash for the Friday Dinner. I will miss the Saturday dinner.

#87 ·
Check https://www.recreation.gov/ for camping
A 2wd canyon is only going to do well on 1 maybe 2 trails. When its super dry, yes but we have had rain lately.
Not trying to push you away but You may be better off riding with someone on trail rides instead of taking a 2wd out.

#88 ·
Yes. I totally agree on the 2WD issue. I would love to grab a seat with someone for the trails. I need to learn so much about how to work the trails. I would also love to ride in a diesel rig. That is my long term built plan. I am up for anything including being a runner to pickup trash along the way. I am also part of the JNJ shot test group guinea pigs. So far so good.

I checked the Res. website. It looks like site 31 still shows FF. I will call them up later today. What are the chances it will be open by 6pm on Thursday?

#89 ·
While Mike may have a hissy fit over this....Mud truck come on over to group camp C we had a couple people.cancel so we have a space for a truck and tent. Since a majority of us are there you will def be able to find a seat to ride the trial w. Mike won't be there til Thurs afternoon so hopefully that works for you. I posted the exact Google maps coords in a previous comment.

#90 ·
Well the boss reminded me that the deal was to get her car back in the garage before the Summer. So, that means I need to finish the 56' Farmall that is in her spot before I get back to the Trooper.

So, I guess I will just make plans to see everyone in the Fall as well. My Trooper should be back on the road by then. Lord willing.

Thanks you so much for finding space for me. I am sorry to cycle you guys short notice.

#91 ·
ALL, FRIDAY NIGHT FOOD.

I will bring two 8lbs pork butts and buns FRIDAY night 6pm Group Site C. No payment needed. Bring your own sides if you want.

We live 30mins from the Eldorado Outpost.

We are not staying at the Group Site C and will not wheel due to broken trooper.

See everyone FRIDAY night 6pm at Group Site C with BBQ and Buns.
thx. Nate

#94 ·
Ditchdoc said:
Where is this group camp?
35.451292636714506, -80.07161022725356

Coordinates per Google maps. We are at site C.
The guy who got the site, Mike, won't be there til later today.

#95 ·
Ditchdoc said:
Where is this group camp?
Peter,

Type "Badin Lake Group Camp" into google. It pops right up.

Practically speaking, when you are coming in from Eldorado Outpost and you reach the end of the paved road where you normally would turn left onto the gravel road headed towards Arrowhead, you instead turn right. Then a short distance later take the first left. Group camp is up on the right.

I am headed out on my final errand run before we leave. I'm about 3/4 packed and am sure I have forgot 3 important items that I will remember half way there. I also have probably twice as much stuff as necessary. lol Headed to the butcher to pickup the steaks, the farmers market for the veggies, and the pharmacy for drugs to offset this damn pollen... I miss being able to breath.

Hope to be at camp b 5pm tonight.

#96 ·
nate's truck said:
ALL, FRIDAY NIGHT FOOD.

I will bring two 8lbs pork butts and buns FRIDAY night 6pm Group Site C. No payment needed. Bring your own sides if you want.

We live 30mins from the Eldorado Outpost.

We are not staying at the Group Site C and will not wheel due to broken trooper.

See everyone FRIDAY night 6pm at Group Site C with BBQ and Buns.
thx. Nate
Brother Nate,

I hate that you will not be on the trail for me to follow and loose 3 years off my life from the smoke coming from your Trooper... :lol:
I do look forward to dinner Friday night. I will make a big pot of Brown sugar Bacon Bourbon Baked Beans for the group as my contribution.

#97 ·
reran said:
Hey Mike! Still up to your cooking tricks, eh? Guess it's too late for me to throw out a menu suggestion, so count me and a buddy in for Sat night dinner. Thanks!!
Yes, a bit late for the culinary heckling, but i look forward to seeing you!

#100 ·
MarcusInMD said:
Camp host.... WOW. That's all I have got to say.
Yep. This is why we decided to go to the group camp. It is really to bad.

#101 ·
Marcus, I assume you are there already?
Sad but I hear you can complain and they'll rotate that guy out of there.
Sorry to target anyone but you can't treat people that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.