Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Fall 2020 Uwharrie, 4-8 Nov

26K views 64 replies 17 participants last post by  lorenzo816 
#1 ·
Ladies and Gentleman the dates are set. :D

Y'll know the routine, if not, please ask.

Attendees:

Jerry, site #35, 4-8 Nov
Van, site #34, 4-8 Nov
Blaine and wife #28 Nov 6-8
Willie 6-8 Nov in a plush cabin :lol:
Marty and Heather #26 4-8 Nov
Trev1980 and son #46
Roxyschram #24, 6-7 Nov
paulevans76 #12, 5-7 Nov

I'll try to keep this updated as time allows. :roll:

#27 ·
Its right on the water too so you can sleep with the rip-rap of the lake. I recall a group back in the day putting one of their members on a blow up mattress and tethering him to a rope out on the lake. LOL

They do have toilets there at Baden cg. I don't remember if they have a bathhouse but no harm in going to arrowhead to clean up.
It really isn't that far to drive to just go sleep and we can convene back at the main spots during the day. Maybe a 5 minute drive up the gravel road.

#28 ·
I believe they have showers too, just not as big as the Arrowhead facility, and the sites are all non-electric.

#29 ·
I've been working with Recreation.gov and Arrowhead campground supervisor on Mario's reserved site that he had made before passing. :(

He had reserved site #30 from 4-8 Nov, with that being said and getting the green light from Recreation.gov and the Arrowhead campground supervisor, anyone that still needs a site is more than welcome to use site #30... pretty sure Mario wouldn't have wanted it going to waste.

Post up if you want it and I will contact Arrowhead campground supervisor to have it changed.

Mike... that might be a good spot for you since the food will be closer to me. :mrgreen: :drunken:

#30 ·
Well the 2020 suckage continues... We won't be able to attend this fall. I had to have an unexpected surgery on my wrist last week and I will need another surgery for the other wrist next week for carpal tunnel and I also have a tumor on the right ring finger that will need to be removed. Really don't think I can make that kind of drive just a week after the surgery. :(

#32 ·
Van said:
I've been working with Recreation.gov and Arrowhead campground supervisor on Mario's reserved site that he had made before passing. :(

He had reserved site #30 from 4-8 Nov, with that being said and getting the green light from Recreation.gov and the Arrowhead campground supervisor, anyone that still needs a site is more than welcome to use site #30... pretty sure Mario wouldn't have wanted it going to waste.

Post up if you want it and I will contact Arrowhead campground supervisor to have it changed.

Mike... that might be a good spot for you since the food will be closer to me. :mrgreen: :drunken:
Van,

Yes if the site is still available, I would love to use it. I'm sure Mario, Mark and Joe will be looking down on the group laughing at us. I'm sure we will do something stupid before the weekend is out. :lol:

Now, and all important conversation needs to take place. Who is in for group dinner Friday night? Are there any requests? I am inclined to make Jambalaya as that was one of Mario's favorites. Just let me know and we can do something else if that is what the group wants. Grilled pork chops, steaks, or whatever. Now is when RERAN usually throws up some crazy 5 star dinner idea. Lets be reasonable people. No rack of lamb or lobster. :lol:

And go!

Thoughts? I will need a head count before long so I can buy the food and prep what I can in advance. I usually as for a $5-10 donation per person to help cover the meal

#33 ·
To quote on of my favorite childhood shows, I love it when a plan comes together.

Jambalaya sounds great to me. I plan to be there with my son, who will be turning 7 that weekend. Whatever is decided for meal choice, please put us down for 2. I'll make sure to bring some cash to chip in to cover the cost.

Trevor

#36 ·
OK Mike, you've got site #30 from 4-8 Nov... not sure when you plan on coming down but the campground host says that it can only be held until 4PM, 5 Nov. We might be able to put someone in there temporarily if need be. :?

You can put Jerry and myself down for group dinner also. :D

10 day forecast looks like a winner... https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Uw ... 5231:27:US

#37 ·
My wife and I will be there for the food as well. We will bring the cash lol

#44 ·
If it's anything like you Lorenzo its probably the first reason. I had to you walked right into it lol

#45 ·
martindavis said:
well me and heather are out for this one the transmission went out in my big truck so site 26 will be open maybe we can make it in the spring
:( :( So sorry to hear that.... hopefully in the spring 8)

Weather is still looking good for the trip 8) 8)

As usual, I'm so far behind getting ready, hope y'all are having better luck. :mrgreen:

Let the count down begin in 4.... :drunken:

#46 ·
It will likely just be me solo at my site, fam can't make it. So Lorenzo if you want to stay at mine, more than welcome.

Count me in for the Friday dinner as well.

#47 ·
Well, we all may need to consolidate all the spots. :)
Van gave me his spot. He's going to skip this year - first time in a long time.

Mike you still have Mario's spot #30 I hope you still make it.

#48 ·
Howdy all,

Yes, I am still in. I have to go back and count, but I will be shopping Thursday morning before we hit the road. Smitty, my oldest daughter Kylie and myself will be down there around 3:00 Thursday if all goes well. We will have my black F250 towing Smitty's green Heep. Feel free to stop by and say hi. It seems the majority of you are new to me and I look forward to meeting you. Don't let the lack of Isuzu scare you away. I am actively looking for my next Trooper to build.

Two days to go!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.