Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Check here for periodic posting about the status of this website, or post a suggestion for the website

Moderator: Staff

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby Enemigo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Congratulations.
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Trail Master
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Colorado metro area
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 5 times

Sponsor
 

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:50 pm

SRN wrote:Looks like they listened! I got Moderator access today.
mudoilngears, if you're still interested they're willing to give you the rights as well.

Congrats! It's about time!

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu
 
Posts: 2455
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Germantown (next to Elvistown), TN
Has thanked: 118 times
Have thanks: 110 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby gruff54 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:10 pm

SRN, a big Thank You! You, too mudoilngears!

Mike
'88 Trooper 2.6L 5 spd
'89 Trooper 2.6L 5 spd
gruff54
Expedition Ready
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 pm
Location: Central NC
Has thanked: 43 times
Have thanks: 72 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby bobn » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:24 am

Contrats!! I Know this will be thé best thing AG/VS has done for this forum since they bought it !
bobn
Drives on Gravel
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm
Location: Millcreek, UT
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby 93trooperpooper » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:04 am

Congrats on taking this on !
will drive these until they quit and move onto something else.
parts from JERRY LEMOND.
93trooperpooper
Trail Master
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:34 am
Location: ALBERTA, CANADA
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 14 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:10 am

mudoilngears wrote:
SRN wrote:Looks like they listened! I got Moderator access today.
mudoilngears, if you're still interested they're willing to give you the rights as well.

Sure!, work your magic. ;).


They said they messaged you last night.
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:11 am

Thanks everyone. I hope that I can help keep things running more smoothly than they have been of late.
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby mudoilngears » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:40 am

SRN wrote:
mudoilngears wrote:
SRN wrote:Looks like they listened! I got Moderator access today.
mudoilngears, if you're still interested they're willing to give you the rights as well.

Sure!, work your magic. ;).


They said they messaged you last night.

Interesting, I have no PM nor emails. Wonder what happened.
Image
1998 Rodeo LS 4x4 4JB1-TC Diesel Swap, Moog CC247 coils, more mods to come!

SOLD- :( 1990 Isuzu Amigo 4X4 4ZE1 engine. Front Aussie Locker, HD Sway Away T-bars,Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
Build in progress...
User avatar
mudoilngears
Zu Royalty
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 pm
Location: Costa Rica
Has thanked: 17 times
Have thanks: 151 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:48 am

mudoilngears wrote:Interesting, I have no PM nor emails. Wonder what happened.


Looking at his e-mail again, he said, "I'll message mudoilngears." And then mentioned that tomorrow (today) is Canada Day and he'll be off, but back on Thursady. So, hopefully then. I'll keep on him, he's been pretty responsive thus far.
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby mudoilngears » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:49 am

SRN wrote:
mudoilngears wrote:Interesting, I have no PM nor emails. Wonder what happened.


Looking at his e-mail again, he said, "I'll message mudoilngears." And then mentioned that tomorrow (today) is Canada Day and he'll be off, but back on Thursady. So, hopefully then. I'll keep on him, he's been pretty responsive thus far.

Sounds good.
Image
1998 Rodeo LS 4x4 4JB1-TC Diesel Swap, Moog CC247 coils, more mods to come!

SOLD- :( 1990 Isuzu Amigo 4X4 4ZE1 engine. Front Aussie Locker, HD Sway Away T-bars,Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
Build in progress...
User avatar
mudoilngears
Zu Royalty
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 pm
Location: Costa Rica
Has thanked: 17 times
Have thanks: 151 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby giusedtobe » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:22 pm

93trooperpooper wrote:a bunch of nutless monkeys randomly hitting keys- we need to realize that our older vehicles are not '' hip'' or ''cool'' to the younger generation, that has been dumbed down by all the useless and un-needed features and what not in vehicles these days.


Oddly when I picked up my 88 resto project Trooper my 21 year old college daughter and all her friends think its really cool. I was shocked but she said "retro" (yeah I had a hard time with that too) vehicles are cool now.
giusedtobe
Super Trooper
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:34 pm
Location: Knoxville TN
Has thanked: 7 times
Have thanks: 3 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby mudoilngears » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Just an update, I still haven't heard form them. No real hurry, but it might be best to finish what needs to be done before we fade of their radar.
Image
1998 Rodeo LS 4x4 4JB1-TC Diesel Swap, Moog CC247 coils, more mods to come!

SOLD- :( 1990 Isuzu Amigo 4X4 4ZE1 engine. Front Aussie Locker, HD Sway Away T-bars,Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
Build in progress...
User avatar
mudoilngears
Zu Royalty
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 pm
Location: Costa Rica
Has thanked: 17 times
Have thanks: 151 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 pm

mudoilngears wrote:Just an update, I still haven't heard form them. No real hurry, but it might be best to finish what needs to be done before we fade of their radar.


Agreed, I'll hit him up again today.
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby kg4miq » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:48 pm

I'd be willing to moderate, as I've gotten a great deal of valuable information from this site, and tried to give back as much useful information as I've gotten. Not sure if all those Isuzus in my signature qualify me or not, but there are still lots of good vehicles out there and still a valid need for this site to stay active.

Tim
How to rebuild a 4ZD1/4ZE1 distributor

Just added a few more Isuzus to the pack.
'91 Trooper II - GM 2.8L V6, 300k, needs engine rebuild
'90 Trooper II - 4ZE1, needs engine rebuild
'91 LS Trooper - "Kylo Ren" - GM 2.8L V6, 159k, running
'92 Pickup - 4ZE1, needs engine rebuild
'89 S Trooper - "Kal-El" - 4ZE1
'88 LS Trooper - "Delta" - 4ZE1
'92 Pickup - "Blacktail" - 4ZE1, SOLD
'89 S Trooper - "Red Leader" - 4ZE1
'89 SE Trooper - "Vader" - 4ZE1 - 1UZ-FE Lexus V8 swap on hold
'90 Trooper - "Leia" - 4JG2T swap on hold
'89 Pickup - "Wicket" - 4ZD1
'90 S Trooper - "Nan" - 4ZE1
'94 S Amigo - "Artoo" - 4ZE1, SOLD
'92 XS Rodeo - "Jabba", LH0, 3.1L V6
'89 S Trooper - "Chewie" - 4ZE1, TRADED
'89 XS Trooper - "Red" - 4ZE1, SOLD, bought it back
'89 LS Trooper - "Obi-Wan" - LH0, 3.1L V6
'88 S Trooper - "Stormtrooper" - 4ZE1, SOLD
'91 S Trooper - "Ghost" - L32, 3.4L V6, SOLD
'89 S Trooper - "Angry Bird" - 4ZE1, SOLD
'89 S Trooper - "Phantom" - 4ZE1, salvaged
'90 Pickup - "Uno" - 4ZD1, SOLD
kg4miq
Trail Master
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Central Alabama US
Has thanked: 23 times
Have thanks: 106 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby giusedtobe » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:01 pm

kg4miq wrote:I'd be willing to moderate, as I've gotten a great deal of valuable information from this site, and tried to give back as much useful information as I've gotten. Not sure if all those Isuzus in my signature qualify me or not, but there are still lots of good vehicles out there and still a valid need for this site to stay active.

Tim


I don't know, with all the zuzu's you own you kind of have the market cornered. Might not be enough left for a fan following Lol :lol:
giusedtobe
Super Trooper
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:34 pm
Location: Knoxville TN
Has thanked: 7 times
Have thanks: 3 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:06 pm

mudoilngears wrote:Just an update, I still haven't heard form them. No real hurry, but it might be best to finish what needs to be done before we fade of their radar.

Looks like they got you set up!
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:07 pm

kg4miq wrote:I'd be willing to moderate, as I've gotten a great deal of valuable information from this site, and tried to give back as much useful information as I've gotten. Not sure if all those Isuzus in my signature qualify me or not, but there are still lots of good vehicles out there and still a valid need for this site to stay active.

Tim


I'll pass your name along.
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby Richey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Hey Stephen, Great to see they gave you moderator rights. Hope to see some good activity return to the page. I started a r/Isuzu subreddit a while back and have been directing people to Planetisuzoo. Looking forward to ROTM returning. Hope all is going well with your trooper.

-Richard
-1994 2.6L Amigo 4x4 Build
-1990 Spacecab 4x4 4 speed 2.2L Diesel Complete Veggie oil conversion Build
-2000 Rodeo 4x4 3.2 Build
User avatar
Richey
Donor
Donor
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Utah
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 16 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Richey wrote:Hey Stephen, Great to see they gave you moderator rights. Hope to see some good activity return to the page. I started a r/Isuzu subreddit a while back and have been directing people to Planetisuzoo. Looking forward to ROTM returning. Hope all is going well with your trooper.

-Richard


Thanks, hombre. I'd like to see RoTM Return as well. You interested taking the reigns and firing that back up?
Trooper is good. Building a dual exhaust for it right now. Hows the Amigo?
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby Richey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:31 pm

SRN wrote:
Richey wrote:Hey Stephen, Great to see they gave you moderator rights. Hope to see some good activity return to the page. I started a r/Isuzu subreddit a while back and have been directing people to Planetisuzoo. Looking forward to ROTM returning. Hope all is going well with your trooper.

-Richard


Thanks, hombre. I'd like to see RoTM Return as well. You interested taking the reigns and firing that back up?
Trooper is good. Building a dual exhaust for it right now. Hows the Amigo?


I'd definitely be down to start back up ROTM. Ill send you a PM
-1994 2.6L Amigo 4x4 Build
-1990 Spacecab 4x4 4 speed 2.2L Diesel Complete Veggie oil conversion Build
-2000 Rodeo 4x4 3.2 Build
User avatar
Richey
Donor
Donor
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Utah
Has thanked: 12 times
Have thanks: 16 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby Enemigo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:56 pm

They didn't give you admin abilities did they? I'd love to fix the picture issue on this site. It's a royal pain. I think we'd see build projects go way up if it weren't so cumbersome to post pictures.
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Trail Master
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Colorado metro area
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 5 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Enemigo wrote:They didn't give you admin abilities did they? I'd love to fix the picture issue on this site. It's a royal pain. I think we'd see build projects go way up if it weren't so cumbersome to post pictures.


No, they only gave us moderation rights. The picture issue can only really be resolved with a software upgrade to a newer version of VBulletin of XenForo. I know that VS has other sites on newer software, and I've asked them about that and the response that I've gotten is that they are willing to upgrade it, but they have to resolve some issues with our current database, which is old, in order to do it. No timetable, though. For me after resolving the moderation issue, getting the software updated is the biggest thing. So I'll keep after them on that.
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:31 pm

SRN wrote:
Enemigo wrote:They didn't give you admin abilities did they? I'd love to fix the picture issue on this site. It's a royal pain. I think we'd see build projects go way up if it weren't so cumbersome to post pictures.


No, they only gave us moderation rights. The picture issue can only really be resolved with a software upgrade to a newer version of VBulletin of XenForo. I know that VS has other sites on newer software, and I've asked them about that and the response that I've gotten is that they are willing to upgrade it, but they have to resolve some issues with our current database, which is old, in order to do it. No timetable, though. For me after resolving the moderation issue, getting the software updated is the biggest thing. So I'll keep after them on that.

Not VBulletin. This is phpBB.

And what "picture issue"?

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu
 
Posts: 2455
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:37 pm
Location: Germantown (next to Elvistown), TN
Has thanked: 118 times
Have thanks: 110 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby SRN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:53 pm

JoeIsuzu wrote:Not VBulletin. This is phpBB.

Jack


Thats correct, but VS only "supports" VBulletin and XenForo. So those are the options for upgrading.
User avatar
SRN
Trail Master
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 29 times
Have thanks: 38 times

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Postby Enemigo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:22 pm

The issue is that the site makes you crop photos down to be only a certain amount of pixels wide. It says how many pixels, but that doesn't translate to how I crop my photos, so it's always just a guess. It's annoying to try and post 5-10 photos, then get a message that something is too wide. It doesn't say which one though, or how much wider it is. It also seems to be a ratio, because I've cropped photos to make them more narrow, but if I also crop the photo to make it shorter, it changes the aspect ratio and won't accept the cropped photo. Finally, once you finally get the photo posted, the site auto resizes it anyway into that dumb little box where you have to click for enlarged photo. If it's going to resize them all anyway, what's the point right? It's just an annoying thing to always have to work around.
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Trail Master
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Colorado metro area
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 5 times

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements/Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest