Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Portland Oregon trooper fanatics?

10K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  AndreiBodea90 
#1 ·
Howdy Yall!!! Little curious if there are any trooper fanatics out here in Portland. I've been in and out of the trooper game for a couple years now. Still driving the same old trooper though (plus or minus a few motors). Curious if there is any trooper meet ups or if its time to start one. I see quite a few on the roads and with that always come a head nod or a peace sign. Give me a shout if you live in portland and you want to show off your trooper and talk. If I find enough people and there interested I think it would be cool to do some kind of Isuzu run. Either up the 26 mountain pass (If we get some snow this year) or maybe go the other way on 26 to the coast and take over the beach of gearheart. Let me know if anyones interested.

#10 ·
I realize this is an old thread but...

I brought in an Isuzu 4x4 camper from Japan and the 5 speed manual transmission went out. It's the same MUA/RMN transmission used in the US except the bellhouse part which is integral to the case is different. If you have the skills to rebuild a transmission or if you want to try and swap a domestic 2.6 or 3.1 with a transmission into it you could have a great rig. I have over 12k into it. Will sell for 4k The 4jb1 diesel in it now smokes on start but pulls strong. The core on the engine is worth over 1k on ebay. Someone with skills could have a 4x4 camper with an fiberglass shell for 5k when all done. You could sell it for over 10k easy.

For a price comparison google jdm sales in seattle, he imports and sells them.

this is the actual rig. I've made some improvements (all new RS5000s and timing belt, brakes, etc)

I'm in lake oswego/portland - Bill 503-708-0224

#12 ·
Hey there, I'm in Portland Metro area (Clackamas County) and would love to meet up with some first gen trooper mechanics to troubleshoot and also to help me determine what I can remove / reroute / etc. in order to improve reliability. Shoot me PM for contact info.

#17 ·
My rig is just on the street as of last night. There's a couple trails way up in the roaring river wilderness outside of ripplebrook that would be fun to rally out before the snow flies.

Wish I would have got the contact info for a first gen trooper guy that came and bought something from me on craigslist a few years back. He had done the 2.3 carb swap, smog delete, all the fun mods. Would love to check it out in person!

#19 ·
Just bought my first Trooper last night and brining it home today. 1994 LS 5spd, very high miles and needs an alternator, already ordered. Any tips for installing it?. Looking forward to some back road trips all over Oregon and Washington. Side note, only the driver window works, is that a switch thing or is the 3 dead window motors? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.