Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Wanted WTB Diesel Trooper II

5K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  robertlhawley 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've been a long time admirer of the diesel Trooper II (turbo and non-turbo), and I just wanted to see if anyone was interested in selling a diesel Trooper? If so, let me know!

#9 ·
I imported a candian vehicle last year and it was surprisingly simple. I paid a broker, because i wasnt able to go up myself, but it wasnt a bad deal. This was in Vancouver BC. I would not hesitate to do it again if a nice diesel landcruiser pops up.

#11 ·
The broker was a few hundred dollars, towing was a few hundred, fees were minimal. I think all in all it cost around $900 to have someone else pick it up, broker take care of paperwork and have it dropped off in blaine WA.

#13 ·
I might be selling mine in the next month or two. I'm located in Southwest Virginia. The engine cranks right up in the cold. Runs and drives, has a 91 rear end with disc brake upgrade and an Aussie Locker. The seats are upgraded Trooper seats with marine-boat black vinyl perfect condition and perfect for muddy dogs or kids. Roof rack with lights. Aluminum rims with good rubber on the front tires (needs new rear tires.). New straight pipe installed at a mugffler shop in November. I have some body rust repairs to make as well as a frame rust repair in the right frame rail in the back.

Attachments

#15 ·
poprivetj1 said:
I might be selling mine in the next month or two. I'm located in Southwest Virginia. The engine cranks right up in the cold. Runs and drives, has a 91 rear end with disc brake upgrade and an Aussie Locker. The seats are upgraded Trooper seats with marine-boat black vinyl perfect condition and perfect for muddy dogs or kids. Roof rack with lights. Aluminum rims with good rubber on the front tires (needs new rear tires.). New straight pipe installed at a mugffler shop in November. I have some body rust repairs to make as well as a frame rust repair in the right frame rail in the back.
Say it ain't so! That thing impressed the hell out of me when we were at Uwharrie a few years back. Solid rig!

#16 ·
I'm still debating, and I do love it. I just find myself pressed for time. I have some rust issues to contend with, and some work to do on it. It's been a solid daily driver for six years minus the oil cooler issue a few years back, and the rear axle. All that has been replaced and now I need to work on the body and frame for a bit. But she has a lot of life left in her. I'll post some more pictures when I get a little more time.

#19 ·
I've got an 86 turbodiesel, was a great daily driver until faced with a lower end knock which I think is a connecting rod bearing. Located in New Hampshire. Been in the carport for just over a year since then. I was planning to put it up for sale this summer so haven't pulled it out for pics yet but it is in generally good shape, some minor body rust but solid frame, great interior. I rebuilt the injection pump a few years back with viton seals so it will run 100% biodiesel without issues...

Definitely a project. Any interest?

#20 ·
robertlhawley said:
I've got an 86 turbodiesel, was a great daily driver until faced with a lower end knock which I think is a connecting rod bearing.
What makes you suspect a bearing rather than the rod itself? Since Isuzu replaces a bazillion of these engines for connecting rod failure, that seems more likely.

Jack

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Some body rust but not at all terminal- this is the worst spot, drivers rear quarter:
DSC_0028.JPG

Same spot on the other side, for example, is fine:
DSC_0050.JPG

Front of the door sills- with a repair on the driver's side:
DSC_0054.JPG

And on the passenger's side (you can also see here I pulled off the chrome panel on the passenger door to address some surface rust- I still have that chrome panel as well):
DSC_0058.JPG

Attachments

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Finally, a couple of the frame and undercarriage which has surface rust but not bad and nothing deep:
DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

And the engine compartment (AC compressor is still there as an idler for the power steering belts, but the condenser and other AC components are gone):
DSC_0071.JPG

Mileage: 174,332. Recent, good all-season tires. Have all maint. records from previous owner and me:
DSC_0034.JPG

Looking to get $1,500 for it. From what I understand the individual parts may be worth more than that...

Thanks for looking! To the admins or more experienced users: relative newbie here but if I don't get interest soon I will post a new thread in this classified forum- guessing best etiquette may be to link back to this thread rather than re-posting the pictures- correct me if I'm wrong!
Cheers,
Bob

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.