format for forum

Check here for periodic posting about the status of this website, or post a suggestion for the website

Moderator: Staff

format for forum

Postby itsmehb » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:17 pm

I just logged on and found this new format. First opinion is it's really bad. Way to hard to navigate around. Will probably be my farewell to the forum if it stays this way. What was wrong with the way it was?
1990 Amigo, 2.3 5 speed (sold)
1991 Pick up (long gone)
2000 Amigo, 2.2 5 speed(sold)
1985 Trooper 1.9 4 speed (sent back to KS)
1989 Trooper RS 2.6 5 spd. Red

We get too soon old and too late smart!

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him"

Golf is just an expensive way to play marbles
itsmehb
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 296 times

Sponsor

Re: format for forum

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:15 pm

itsmehb wrote:I just logged on and found this new format. First opinion is it's really bad. Way to hard to navigate around. Will probably be my farewell to the forum if it stays this way. What was wrong with the way it was?

It's not a new format. It's broken. But the technical site admins will probably notice (when the ad revenue drops). :(

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 110 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Here's the issue (but I can't tell WHY it's missing):
Code: Select all
<link href="./styles/prosilver/theme/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script src="./styles/prosilver/template/mobile.js"></script>

Both of those files are "missing" (404 errors).

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby Buster28 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:35 am

This needs to be fixed quickly, the site is now too hard to navigate.
01 Rodeo Sport 4X4 3.2L V6
Buster28
4L30E Guru

Have thanks: 1202 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:46 am

Does anybody even know how to contact the admins, or to report an issue? The company that took over the site has demonstrated their complete lack of interest.

Jack
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby Von » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:40 am

Hmph. Wondered what was going on. I noticed it yesterday but was posting from my phone. Forums and mobiles don't always play well..

Everything still works for the users, sure is ugly though.

Maybe the new guy's maintenance policy is the same as my employers...
Run to failure.
.. every damn day.

Baby Ninja.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 BMW 328i (The Mighty Wife's ride)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab (my fat car with a yuge trunk)
1990 Trooper 2.8 V6 Auto (Wrecked... sent to the crusher)
1993 Shortbed, regular cab Z71 (Donated to step-son #2)(deceased, parted out)(Forums for GM and fullsize 4X4s suck... so I'm still hanging out here)
1965 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe 289 & 4 speed (SOLD)
1968 Kaiser M715, Ford 390, T18, Dodge divorced NP205, stock Dana 60 and 70 axles, lockers front and rear.
Von
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 43 times

Postby Von » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:44 am

The mobile site isn't jacked up.
But I never liked the mobile version. The mobile site isn't too bad on a PC, but sucks on a phone.
2015 BMW 328i (The Mighty Wife's ride)
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab (my fat car with a yuge trunk)
1990 Trooper 2.8 V6 Auto (Wrecked... sent to the crusher)
1993 Shortbed, regular cab Z71 (Donated to step-son #2)(deceased, parted out)(Forums for GM and fullsize 4X4s suck... so I'm still hanging out here)
1965 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe 289 & 4 speed (SOLD)
1968 Kaiser M715, Ford 390, T18, Dodge divorced NP205, stock Dana 60 and 70 axles, lockers front and rear.
Von
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 43 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Our Admin will eventually notice this. Maybe.

From the AG_Admin profile:
Last visited:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:09 am

Jack
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby DSUZU » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:08 am

Thanks Joe. So the "new" site (broken) shows that Planetisuzoo is after all...an Isuzu Dennis
1991 LS Trooper 2.8 V6 5 speed conversion (Sold)
1989 LS Spacecab 2.6 5 speed 4x4 manual hubs, Rodeo torsion bars, extended shackles, 2" lift, K&N air filter (drop in), dump bed conversion, burgundy interior change, warn brush bar. Engine is bored .020 oversize and upgraded to 1994 pistons, head and EFI system.
Previously owned: 1987 Trooper II LS, 1989 Trooper (parts only), 1994 Trooper 3.2 Auto, 1997 Rodeo 2.6 5 speed, 1993 shortbed pickup 2.3 (project - sold) 1992 Rodeo 4x4 LS (parts car, devoured by Spacecab needs) plus some 70 plus other non Isuzu vehicles over the years. 1994 Amigo devoured to provide head and EFI system.
Heavily damaged by engine compartment fire while driving on March 24th 2018, condemned by insurance company and taken on March 30th 2018 :cry:.

https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64060
City of St Petersburg (Fl) Fleet Maintenance 8/23/83 - 12/4/2018 (Retired). Started new job 6/4/2019. Was retired, now just tired.

If your wife has 5.00, and you have 20.00, your wife has...25.00

"Water is one of the greatest essentials of life. Without water, you can't make coffee."

Forget the "free education". Why waste time. Just give me the "FREE INCOME".
DSUZU
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 918 times

Postby gruff54 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:25 am

This is awful. I only use a laptop (no smart phone) and have to go to mobile version in order to make sense of anything. Like Jack said anyone know how to contact admins?
Don't know how much longer I'll be here if it doesn't change. Frustrating....

Mike
'88 Trooper 2.6L 5 spd
'89 Trooper 2.6L 5 spd
gruff54
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 81 times

Postby SRN » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:14 pm

I sent an e-mail through the site to AG_Admin and i went to AutoGuide.com and sent an e-mail through their contact page asking for help. We'll see if they notice soon.
SRN
Trail Master

Have thanks: 46 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:31 pm

SRN wrote:I sent an e-mail through the site to AG_Admin and i went to AutoGuide.com and sent an e-mail through their contact page asking for help. We'll see if they notice soon.

Thanks, Stephen. I started to send them an email, but just got angry at being lied to. Originally, they said they'd be in the site every day, and would create something for reporting issues. That's a big 0/2.

Jack
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby Ed Mc. » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:42 pm

This is B.S. and a detriment to the site.

"Admins" need to be responsive to the needs of the website or they're worthless.

You're gonna start losing people if this problem doesn't get fixed soon!
'90 3.4 Troop LS;
'89 Troop RS (Exhaust Valve Challenged), now gone to a Good Home!
Yes, I am a Trooper-Holic!!!
Keep On Troopin' !
Ed Mc.
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 363 times

Postby GG44 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:07 am

Whew. Glad to see "it's not just me". Popped in to visit the board approx October 1st and thought I was having an LSD flashback---- this is some jacked up sh*t. I kept refreshing the page and trying different things over the course of a few days, because the site was (is) basically unreadable/unusable on my end. Using the "full site" (versus "mobile" version), all the page views are mostly white space, very little visible text, no graphics or photos, all very "internet Bulletin Board circa 1992", I can only see forum section titles but can't see any thread titles or any posts. The whole thing looks like someone typed a few wide-spaced paragraphs-per-page on typing paper, using an IBM Selectric. :roll: I tried various things for several days, thinking it might be some weird site/browser incompatibility issue on my end, sent a pm to board administrator a couple of days ago (no reply yet), and only managed to find this thread by randomly clicking around and hoping I'd see something related to website maintenance or another way to contact an administrator.
This is horrible.
..................................................................................
1989 Trooper LS 2.6 Auto Trans
1988 Trooper LS 2.6 Auto Trans
A small stable of motley Japanese & American rides from '56 to '99
Looking for a 1947 to 1966 Chevy 3100 or C10 Panel or Pickup . WAS . Maybe I can resume that plan once my medical i$$ue$ are re$olved. :(
GG44
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 11 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:08 am

Some functionality is gone (the thumbs up "Thank" button).

Jack
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby DSUZU » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:41 pm

You know, I don't even own an Isuzu any more. I'm still here to help people who do, and because of friends I've made here. Making this site so complicated could put an end to all of that. I don't want it that way, but I don't need the frustration.
I don't know what it is with the "techie" folks who think they ALWAYS have to screw with things and "change" them. Dennis
1991 LS Trooper 2.8 V6 5 speed conversion (Sold)
1989 LS Spacecab 2.6 5 speed 4x4 manual hubs, Rodeo torsion bars, extended shackles, 2" lift, K&N air filter (drop in), dump bed conversion, burgundy interior change, warn brush bar. Engine is bored .020 oversize and upgraded to 1994 pistons, head and EFI system.
Previously owned: 1987 Trooper II LS, 1989 Trooper (parts only), 1994 Trooper 3.2 Auto, 1997 Rodeo 2.6 5 speed, 1993 shortbed pickup 2.3 (project - sold) 1992 Rodeo 4x4 LS (parts car, devoured by Spacecab needs) plus some 70 plus other non Isuzu vehicles over the years. 1994 Amigo devoured to provide head and EFI system.
Heavily damaged by engine compartment fire while driving on March 24th 2018, condemned by insurance company and taken on March 30th 2018 :cry:.

https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64060
City of St Petersburg (Fl) Fleet Maintenance 8/23/83 - 12/4/2018 (Retired). Started new job 6/4/2019. Was retired, now just tired.

If your wife has 5.00, and you have 20.00, your wife has...25.00

"Water is one of the greatest essentials of life. Without water, you can't make coffee."

Forget the "free education". Why waste time. Just give me the "FREE INCOME".
DSUZU
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 918 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:23 pm

I just hope they fix it before everybody gives it up for dead.

Jack
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby sanramonrover » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:32 am

Hey guys - yes the site is broken and hard to use at the moment, but the negative, nasty, foul language responses by some members isn't going to fix it! Take it easy.

As Jack said :[QUOTE]
Code:
<link href="./styles/prosilver/theme/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Both of those files are "missing" (404 errors).[END QUOTE]

Looks to me like someone moved the forum's code and either lost the two files or forgot to transport them to a new location. I know a bit about web code, and see that the first, "/style.css", called a "style sheet" tells our web browsers what layout, styles and sizes of fonts to use.

Can not someone with a lot more experience than me, write a new style sheet to put up on the host site?

Lets have positive suggestions instead of the foul posts we're seeing.
Keeping a 1991 KB Diesel, 4X4, 4 door Pickup on the road
sanramonrover
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby sanramonrover » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:30 pm

I just looked into the forum source code and found 2 things Jack mentioned: The Style Sheet appears to be:

[ phpBB style name: Artodia: Mobile and SEO]

This was generated by Artodia and can be found on their website for free. Perhaps someone can recreate our version of that Style Sheet and upload it via ftp?

Secondly the code page shows:
[Original author: Tom Beddard ( http://www.subBlue.com/ )]

I contacted Tom Beddard at his website, and he replied within an hour with this :
"Hi Fred

Please check http://www.phpbb.com, the project website for your forum software.
I’ve not been involved with the phpBB project for about 15 years now so I’m surprised they haven’t moved on from the old styling I did back then!

Regards
Tom"

Now isn't that the most polite response from someone involved 15 years ago!?

I also found on the code page:
[Modified by: Vjacheslav Trushkin ( http://www.artodia.com/ )]

Artodia is still active, but I assume Vjacheslav would not be able to do anything after probably that same 15 year period.

So, Does anyone else have any suggestions?
sanramonrover
Loyal P'up

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:30 pm

sanramonrover wrote:Hey guys - yes the site is broken and hard to use at the moment, but the negative, nasty, foul language responses by some members isn't going to fix it! Take it easy.

As Jack said :
Code:

Both of those files are "missing" (404 errors).[END QUOTE]

Looks to me like someone moved the forum's code and either lost the two files or forgot to transport them to a new location. I know a bit about web code, and see that the first, "/style.css", called a "style sheet" tells our web browsers what layout, styles and sizes of fonts to use.

Can not someone with a lot more experience than me, write a new style sheet to put up on the host site?

Lets have positive suggestions instead of the foul posts we're seeing.

Nobody needs to write anything. Without an admin, it can't be fixed. "Positive suggestions" might make someone feel good, but they're completely ineffective if the admins won't show up to read them.

We have an admin team that is completely AWOL and all they really need to do is care. They are not living up to the grandiose assurances they gave us when they took over. If you don't remember that, I'd encourage you to go check out their first few posts.

Jack
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby sanramonrover » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:04 pm

OK, so I am off-base. My apologies. Who is this Admin?
sanramonrover
Loyal P'up

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 pm

sanramonrover wrote:OK, so I am off-base. My apologies. Who is this Admin?

An account called "AG_Admin". This is from:
Big site announcement
AG_Admin wrote:Hello everyone,

My name is Phil, I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for PlanetIsuzoo.com along with the current moderator team. We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,
-Philip

So if Phillip or one of his team members were here, I'd respectfully ask them to just "DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU'D DO". But we can't even get them here.

Jack
Last edited by JoeIsuzu on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Postby takemehome4LOroads » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:53 am

This really couldn't be worse timing for me as I'm in the process of rebuilding my first Trooper, and this forum and its members are an invaluable tool in that process.

Autoguide.com has a list of forums they maintain, and rather fittingly, I suppose, the Planet isn't listed.
takemehome4LOroads
Drives on Dirt

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby paulevans76 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:34 am

Looks like the admin hasn't been on since last month. I sent him a PM, not sure if any others have reached out directly or just posted here, but reaching out directly might be more effective.
Scratch n Dent special 1991 Trooper S
3.4 V6 - Holley TBI, CompCams 252H, 1.6:1 roller rockers, +1mm DOHC pistons, MSD ignition, custom tune, "Ed Mc Special" 2.5" exhaust
MUA5 w/ 3.07's & fixed yoke
SAS - Waggy F D44 - 5.38's, RCV's, OX locker; Rodeo R 44 - Detroit, truss
Front Y-link radius arms, coils; Rear SOA, OME leaves, anti-wrap bar
35x12.50/17 General Grabber X3's on 17x9 Interco Birddogs
Warn XD9000 w/ synthetic rope, rear swing out tire carrier
1.5" body lift and fuel tank lift
The White Whale - a temporary daily driver 1991 Trooper - 2.8 V6, MUA5 - stocker resto (sold)
1994 Samurai - 1.3 FI - topless mini wheeler in the works
paulevans76
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 180 times

Postby takemehome4LOroads » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:45 pm

paulevans76 wrote:Looks like the admin hasn't been on since last month. I sent him a PM, not sure if any others have reached out directly or just posted here, but reaching out directly might be more effective.

I sent AutoGuide a message through their "Contact Us" page. Will report back of I get a response.
takemehome4LOroads
Drives on Dirt

Have thanks: 1 time

Next