Isuzu SUV Forum banner

twilsons 2002 Trooper

51K views 117 replies 15 participants last post by  twilson 
#1 ·
****MY BUILD THREAD. RECENT ON LAST PAGE**

Attachments

See less See more
#54 ·
Haven't thought about it much. Maybe ill do a 2 inch suspension lift.

#56 ·
Ya. Mine was so easy I thought I did it wrong. Don't be afraid! It does wonders to the look of troopers

#57 ·
streetersam said:
Ya. Mine was so easy I thought I did it wrong. Don't be afraid! It does wonders to the look of troopers
What lift did you do ? And how much all together.

#58 ·
#59 ·
i tried a few different sets of springs and after it all, id say get the calmini or ome springs, but if your on a budget, just grab yourself some coil spacers or fullsize ford bronco springs, also lifted jeep springs are all over for cheap...

it really is super, super easy, tons of writeups on here and other sites for the rear and the front 9front you just turn the 2 large bolts on your crossmember to stiffen up the torsion bars) couldnt be much cheaper or easier, then have it aligned and your ready to mow down some priuses, haha...

#60 ·
Ya I got myself some 2" spacers from a member for $80 (I think you can get 'em cheaper but whatever)

I'm gonna go with some lift springs soonish though, I wanna go with what superswire did, cheap 3" lift!

#61 ·
streetersam said:
Ya I got myself some 2" spacers from a member for $80 (I think you can get 'em cheaper but whatever)

I'm gonna go with some lift springs soonish though, I wanna go with what superswire did, cheap 3" lift!
Stupid spacers cost more than most used sets of springs !!!

#62 ·
Maybe, but used springs are unpredictable! You never know whether the previous owner never towed or hauled anything, or whether they liked to load up one side of the truck with tons of gravel and not the other
Plus I don't have any junkyards around me really

#64 ·
Reactions: twilson
#66 ·
The wheels and everything else do look great, but I agree with everyone else... LIFT IT. You'd be surprised by how much 2" or 3" will change the stance of your 'Zu. Mine looks 10 times more aggressive than it used to, and most of that was just the lift.

#67 ·
Do it do it do it! Give in to peer pressure, I always do ;) jk

But yeah, lift it :) Have enough people told you that yet? lol

#68 ·
Ok guys you talked me into it!! IM DOING IT! Im doing a 2 inch Indy4x Day star Coil Spacer T Bar crank lift.

Reactions: RedStar
#69 ·
twilson said:
Ok guys you talked me into it!! IM DOING IT! Im doing a 2 inch Indy4x Day star Coil Spacer T Bar crank lift.
NICE. If things continue, we might be seeing a future ROTM.

#70 ·
Quick Update:

2" Indy 4x Daystar Coil spacers have came in. Thank you MediaMonkey! I Will be installing these with Medic sometime after the memorial day weekend.

Reactions: RedStar
#71 ·
:cheers: It´ll look good!

#72 ·
Have not been on much at all this summer, been busy.. Baught a jet ski and that blew up. No new updates to the truck, still have to install the coil spacers!

#73 ·
twilson said:
Have not been on much at all this summer, been busy.. Baught a jet ski and that blew up. No new updates to the truck, still have to install the coil spacers!
Oi vey just do it already! Lol it took me just a few hours if that...coil spring compressor and an impact wrench are your friends

And jet skis are fun, I know, but they are a waste of money IMO

I want a boat- something I can carry people in!

Anyone have a money tree? I could really use one...

#74 ·
I love jet skis man, which one did you buy? What happened?

Now go install those spacers, it´s easy!

#75 ·
Quick Update.

CV boots have been tore for a long time, clicking when i drive, shaking, etc, Tire is worn down on the inner wall from it , 4wd light flashes but still engages.

Took the Trooper to the shop for an estimate. -- Upper / Lower ball joints, New front axels, and a new tire for a nice price of 1,958.96 Dollars!!! I was in shock.
He said that the book shows that for replacing a axel on a trooper it takes 5hrs. He did not think it would take that long but he had to quote me based on the book. Of course the price above includes 10 hours of labor just for both axels. Hopefully it does not take that long and the price will come down a lot. Does anyone have experience with replacing the axels on a 2nd or 3rd gen? I really hope i don't have to invest almost 2k for this.

thank you

#76 ·
Wow, DO NOT pay that much !!! get yourself a repair manual and look at the process, if you dont feel comfortable tackiling it, im sure you can find a friend who will. Im 900% positive that somone with some mechanical aptitude or that has done this before can do all the bjs and axles in 5 hours including a smoke break :)

If I was closer id offer to come help you...its really not that bad, especially if your doing your balljoints anyhow, you just need a few jacks, jackstands, basic sockets, etc...impact gun a plus and well, unless you loosen your torsion bars all the way like i DIDNT, haha, you really gotta have some elbow grease !!! I paid like $150 for all 4 balljoints and $60 each for my axles, I think the wheel bearings and seals were like $200 and it took me about 2 hrs per side never having done it with no repair manual, just consulted the web for torque specs. Please someone closer help out !!!

Reactions: twilson
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.