Isuzu SUV Forum banner

week of 4th of July in Utah ?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  holger 
#1 ·
I am, with a friend (two vehicles), are going for a big Utah adventure. Let me know if anybody wants to join. The plan is:

(updated)

1) Sunday 3PM, July 1st: meet all in Big Water, UT, and get to Alstrom Point at Lake Powell and camp there.
2) Monday: get to Escalante town over Smoky Mountain Rd. Refresh supply and gas, camp in vicinity somewhere.
3) Tuesday: drive Hole-in-the-Rock trail. Camp somewhere.
4) Wednesday: drive back Hole-in-the-Rock trail, turn off to Fifty Mile Bench Rd. Camp somewhere. If we have spare time, go to Devils Backbone mountain trail for camping.
5) Thursday & Friday: open-ended. Return back.

#2 ·
holger said:
I am, with a friend (two vehicles), are going for a big Utah adventure. Let me know if anybody wants to join. The plan is:

1) Sunday night, July 1st: meet all at Illipah Reservoir, NV, recreation area campground.
2) Monday night: Cannonville, UT: find camping somewhere along the start of Cottonwood Canyon Rd. (Kodachrome basin state park or vicinity).
3) Tuesday night: get to Alstrom Point at Lake Powell and camp somewhere in vicinity. The route is Cottonwood Canyon Rd - Big Water town - Smoky Mountain Rd - Alstrom Point Trail.
4) Wednesday night: get to Escalante town over Smoky Mountain Rd. Refresh supply and gas, camp in vicinity somewhere.
5) Thursday: drive Hole-in-the-Rock trail. Camp somewhere.
6) Friday: drive Hole-in-the-Rock trail. Camp somewhere.
7) Saturday & Sunday: open-ended. Return back.
That should be a fun trip, I wouldn't mind joining you but expect temps in the 105-115 range.

#3 ·
ZuminaZX said:
That should be a fun trip, I wouldn't mind joining you but expect temps in the 105-115 range.
I was checking the average temperatures in Big Water, UT and it is showing 99 - 67 averages. We will have hopefully good A/C, lots of water and good health with us.

I'll be with my 6-years-old son. We will also have another vehicle (MB Gelandwagen).

If you can join us that will be great !

#4 ·
Updated trip schedule:

1) Sunday 3PM, July 1st: meet all in Big Water, UT, and get to Alstrom Point at Lake Powell and camp there.
2) Monday: get to Escalante town over Smoky Mountain Rd. Refresh supply and gas, camp in vicinity somewhere.
3) Tuesday: drive Hole-in-the-Rock trail. Camp somewhere.
4) Wednesday: drive back Hole-in-the-Rock trail, turn off to Fifty Mile Bench Rd. Camp somewhere. If we have spare time, go to Devils Backbone mountain trail for camping.
5) Thursday & Friday: open-ended. Return back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.