Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Moab Pre-Run and Updates

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JG26_Irish 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I went to Moab for five days, March 8-12, 2018, with a group from trailsoffroad.com. We updated about 30 trail guides (new pictures and video) and got content to write another six or seven new trail guides, bringing the total for southeastern Utah to approximately 70.

We camped at the Lone Mesa Group Campsite, and I stayed on the NW side of Moab, running many roads between Blue Hills Road and Spring Canyon Bottom Road. Other teams ran popular trails in the Sand Flats area (Hell's Revenge, Porcupine Rim, Fins & Things, etc.), and areas further southwest of town (Dead Horse Point area--Day Canyon Point, Long Canyon Road, etc.)

Of course, I was the only Isuzu. LOL
2006-01-01 12.00.18.jpg

SS 3_3 resized.jpg

2006-01-01 15.34.35.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just wondering if anyone has done any runs in canyon lands NP? I was up there with with my dad and brother an looks like some cool trails, have to pay park entry and camping? Fee if u want to camp inside the park. Also cooltrails in west side of park especially if you want to get away from traffic/ people.

#3 ·
Sorry for the late reply...I don't get on the Planet but once a month or so nowadays. Yes, to all you said--great 4x4 roads and trails in Canyonlands NP. I've driven all over Utah (grew up in St. George) and there are lots of places I'd like to get back to. Doing an October run this year in the San Rafael Swell, and need to go scout the HiTR 4x4 road before some buddies come out from PA and VA in November this year.

#4 ·
My wife and I took our Trooper on some of the trails in both Arches and Canyonlands park last week. Some of the trails are breath taking. Narrow roads, with no gaurd rails, no room for error, no parachute and about 1000 ft drop if you mess up. Great fun. I wish I had allowed more time to stay longer as there are hundreds of trails in the area.

Irish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.