Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Moab Zu Zoo 2018

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  H22hybridcivic 
#1 ·
To the Moab crew - I propose we move the "Stoop" to the Kokopelli Lodge. Joe and I stayed there Friday night, and I think it is ideal for our gang. The place is old school, from the 50s, and there are 9 small but modern and very well appointed rooms with microwaves and fridges. The best thing is the setting. It is one block off of the heart of main street, but is quiet, with few neighbors to complain and no traffic noise to speak of, unlike the Apache. There is ample street parking right there for other Isuzoids who stop by. Pets are welcome. There are also a couple of patio tables and chairs in a small grassy area, and a hot tub. The price is right - $79 or $89 depending on one or two beds.

When we were there a group of Jeepers had the rest of the place and were sitting outside, chairs in a circle, having a good old time. Sound familiar?

The thing is, we need to move NOW to reserve the rooms before the Jeepers do. I have reserved a room for 5/13/18 to 5/19/18. It doesn't hurt to make a reservation, and you can cancel up to 48 hours before without penalty.

http://kokopellilodge.com/kokopelli-lodge

Reactions: Christine
#2 ·
I have booked a room at the Kokopelli Lodge for Sat, May 12, 2018 through Sun, May 19, 2018.

If they are booked up when you call you can book a room across the street at the Rustic Inn, 120 East 100 South, Moab, Utah 84532, Office: 435.259.6177 https://www.moabrusticinn.com/ The rooms are a little more per night but are bigger than the Kokopelli rooms.

Both the Kokopelli and Rustic are pet friendly so you can stay at either place if you bring a pet.
Stoop Map

#3 ·
Christine said:
If they are booked up when you call you can book a room across the street at the Rustic Inn, 120 East 100 South, Moab, Utah 84532, Office: 435.259.6177 https://www.moabrusticinn.com/ The rooms are a little more per night but are bigger than the Kokopelli rooms.
Quite a bit bigger, really. Might be worth the extra $20 to some folks.

Me, I just sleep in the room, don't much care how big it is.

#4 ·
The rooms at the Kokopelli are fine with me too but they only have 9 so I thought I would find a close by option for people if the Kokopelli is full and they want to be able to walk over and hang out, the Kokopelli Lodge and Rustic Inn are literally 200' to 300' apart so not a long way to stagger home for people that want or need to stay at the Rustic. Our group has booked 7 of the 9 rooms so far so there are only 2 left.

#5 ·
I just looked up when the rally on the rocks was taking place in 2018 and the dates are Tuesday May 15 through Saturday May 19 check here, https://rallyontherocks.com/. Maybe it would be good to go before this week, or consider after, but the side by sides might F-up the trails. Is there a census on what people would prefer? I would rather wheel when the side by sides are not there. On May 19-21 this year was Willys, and 21-26 is Nissan so next year will likely be the same. The Moab Calendar looks good prior to Rally on the rocks look at the post for this year and consider that next will be similar http://www.discovermoab.com/calendar.htm. Maybe it would be good to go before this week, or consider after, but the side by sides might F-up the trails. Is there a census on what people would prefer?

#6 ·
I thought the same thing but then realized the the following weekend is memorial day weekend so even without the golf carts that weekend will likely be crowded, so it may not be better and the week before is pretty cold. I do not know about the rest of the crew but I am just going to stick with the week we have booked for my next trip to moab.

#7 ·
Guys, looks like I will be flying solo in 2018 (my frequent co-pilots Joe and Laurie will be attending their son's college graduation... as if that's important or something). I booked a two-bed unit at the Kokopelli, so if anybody wants to trade me a single bed unit, I would be up for that.

#9 ·
Sounds good, although we should probably trade ahead of time as you guys tend to stay a couple of days longer than me, and my room will get booked up on either side of my reservation eventually.

#10 ·
Sounds like a great time! Unfortunately I can't make those dates but if anyone will be in the area I am possibly going to Moab the first few days in May.

#12 ·
Christine said:
We are in Montrose if you pass through maybe we can do a trail
I am planning on doing the rimrocker trail around April 28- May 2 and I'm sure I'll pass by Montrose, so I'll keep you posted!

#13 ·
Christine said:
I will trade with you, if you want we can trade when we get there in case you get a new co-pilot.
Still want to trade? I guess we can just do it when I get there... or something.

#15 ·
Did this end up happening? I was out of town fir work, plus have a newborn at home so i missed it. . But i love to see pics.

#16 ·
YES - It Did 8)

#17 ·
You betcha it did. But I haven't even downloaded my camera yet...

#18 ·
I wanted to go to the Moab run sometime, do you guys only run in Moab? There are supposed to be cool trails in canyon landsNP. Especially seldom used on the west side, I've been to one on the south east side, it was very cool. I didn't go in very far because the troop decided to refuse to idle as soon as I hit dirt, by myself, and ran fine the next day. Since then the iac has quit and peen replaced and the maf sensor.

#19 ·
I wanted to go to the Moab run sometime, do you guys only run in Moab? There are supposed to be cool trails in canyon landsNP. Especially seldom used on the west side, I've been to one on the south east side, it was very cool. I didn't go in very far because the troop decided to refuse to idle as soon as I hit dirt, by myself, and ran fine the next day. Since then the iac has quit and peen replaced and the maf sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.