Isuzu SUV Forum banner

98 trooper CD player wiring harness

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tentin 
#1 ·
I have this idea to wire up a blutooth reciever directly to the radio head unit through the wiring harness that connected it to the CD player. Heres a pic of the connector that plugs into the head unit side . How would I go about figuring out which of these color wires does what?

#3 ·
Benton said:
Hey Benton thanks for the reply. I have seen this wiring diagram and I believe it to be referring to the wiring harness that comes out of the stereo and sends signal to the all of the speakers. I believe this because the colors on that diagram match up with that wiring harness and not the one I have pictured. I am looking for information on the one that connects the CD player to the stereo unit.

#4 ·
this is easy.....

First you will need to identify the power connections by doing the fallowing.
Step 1;
use a test light to identify the B+, ignition + and the GND wires.
Step 2;
connect the new harness to these wires.
step 3

Next identify what speaker pair of wires go to which speaker
step 1;
isolate one pair of wires by color code. black & black w/ white stripe is one pair. etc
step 2
use a AA battery to very quickly tap these pairs of wires to & listen to what speaker makes noise.
step 3
connect the speaker wires of the speaker that made noise to the corresponding wires on the new stereo harness.
step 4 repeat step 3 until all speaker wires are identified & connections are made.

this entire process takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.

#5 ·
I have plans to do the exact same thing on my '98 Trooper. I had an '06 Mazda 3 that had an extra input to the factory stereo for a CD Player and found a kit to install an Aux input instead. I was hoping that the same thing would be possible with the Trooper, but I haven't found a wiring diagram anywhere for this connector. It seems like the stereo is always treated as a single unit with or without the CD player attached, and only the connection from the head unit to the rest of the car is described.

I would kind of assume/hope that one of these would be a line-level output from the CD player, but maybe that would be too easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.