Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Master power window switch only controls drivers door window

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  andy_sykes 
#1 ·
On my 2000 rodeo the power windows all work; but only if you use the switch on each individual door. However the lock/unlock button on the drivers switch panel works for all doors.

Going off a wiring diagram I found online (below), each switch panel is connected via a multiplexing wire. But if the locks work on all doors, it would seem that this wire must be good and all are communicating?

I tried replacing the master switch panel in the drivers door but still have the same issue.

Would appreciate any input.

See less See more
#2 ·
In case anyone else has the same issue.

Multiplexing wire was broken inside the drivers door near where it goes through the rubber boot to the body.

The door lock circuits run through different wires than the power windows. The schematic I had was correct.

#5 ·
Enemigo said:
Did you find the broken wire just by doing a physical inspection, or did you use a meter?
A little of both. I checked continuity from the switch wiring connector to the plug where the door harness meets the chassis. Open circuit.

Then I pulled the door panel off, looked inside and could see a cut wire hanging there.

Actually splicing it wasn't quite as easy but it got done.

#6 ·
Thanks for posting the schematics!!!

I just bought a 2001 Wizard (JDM Rodeo) in January, and the rear passenger windows stopped working a week or so after I got it. :roll:

I initially suspected a bad switch, because I couldn't work out the continuity through the pins, but then I decided to switch the rear buttons and the switch from the passenger side rolled the driver side up and down.
So I started thinking it was the motor. Although, I'm not even hearing a click when I press either of the buttons for the bad window. I'm wondering if one of the wires broke, and it's thinking that window is locked?

Oh! And I love your color! I got the same!

#7 ·
andy_sykes said:
Thanks for posting the schematics!!!

I just bought a 2001 Wizard (JDM Rodeo) in January, and the rear passenger windows stopped working a week or so after I got it. :roll:

I initially suspected a bad switch, because I couldn't work out the continuity through the pins, but then I decided to switch the rear buttons and the switch from the passenger side rolled the driver side up and down.
So I started thinking it was the motor. Although, I'm not even hearing a click when I press either of the buttons for the bad window. I'm wondering if one of the wires broke, and it's thinking that window is locked?

Oh! And I love your color! I got the same!
Hope it helps you out.

I would start by seeing if you have power and ground at the rear passenger switch. If you do, I would compare the resistance through the motor at the switch to the drivers side motor.

It should have a few ohms of resistance. If it is straight continuity or open circuit (assuming the wiring is intact) it's probably a bad motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.