Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Fuel Injector O-Rings

969 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  lorenzo816 
#1 ·
Looking to fix the intake manifold gasket on my 3.2 V6 rodeo, should I change the o-rings on my fuel injectors when I lift the fuel rail up? Also any other helpful info for this little project would be great.

#3 ·
Try to pull the injectors from the intake along with the rails. The manifold seals seem to take to "re-use" better than the rail O-rings. Page 43 of my build thread shows my truck burning because a rail O-ring (new) failed, leaked, and caught fire. Dennis

#4 ·
Yea but if you get your injectors pulsed and cleaned you get new o rings with them.
Install correctly and you should be good. Double check your work when you reinstall

#5 ·
lorenzo816 said:
Double check your work when you reinstall
X 2. Actually, TRIPLE check it. I had replaced my injectors. I cranked it, no leaks. I drove it around the block and neighborhood, no leaks. The next day, I'm goin down the interstate and smell gas, then smoke, then TOASTED Isuzu. Maybe a good idea to check, let it sit and cool off and then recheck. HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER HANDY. Dennis

#6 ·
Dennis I just put my 4ze1 back together after a massive head job that went sideways and sure enough…. Fuel injectors were blowing fuel everywhere. You're right. Even cleaned and pulsed ones are a B to get back in properly.
Dang it!!
Gotta pull the top half off to get to the rail.
The spray was coming from the top end of the injector not the o ring side.
Grrrr Murphys law

#7 ·
Glad you caught it. I found they can pull out of the groove when installing. I'm thinking lube them and install in the rail with a twisting motion. Then the trick is to get all the lower seals to stay in place. Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.