Switch to full site
Check here for periodic posting about the status of this website, or post a suggestion for the website
Post a reply

Re: Who's Running This Place Anyway?

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Congratulations.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:50 pm

SRN wrote:Looks like they listened! I got Moderator access today.
mudoilngears, if you're still interested they're willing to give you the rights as well.

Congrats! It's about time!

Jack

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:10 pm

SRN, a big Thank You! You, too mudoilngears!

Mike

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:24 am

Contrats!! I Know this will be thé best thing AG/VS has done for this forum since they bought it !

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:04 am

Congrats on taking this on !

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:10 am

mudoilngears wrote:
mudoilngears, if you're still interested they're willing to give you the rights as well.

Sure!, work your magic. ;).

They said they messaged you last night.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:11 am

Thanks everyone. I hope that I can help keep things running more smoothly than they have been of late.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:40 am

SRN wrote:
mudoilngears wrote:

Sure!, work your magic. ;).

They said they messaged you last night.

Interesting, I have no PM nor emails. Wonder what happened.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:48 am

mudoilngears wrote:Interesting, I have no PM nor emails. Wonder what happened.

Looking at his e-mail again, he said, "I'll message mudoilngears." And then mentioned that tomorrow (today) is Canada Day and he'll be off, but back on Thursady. So, hopefully then. I'll keep on him, he's been pretty responsive thus far.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:49 am

SRN wrote:
mudoilngears wrote:Interesting, I have no PM nor emails. Wonder what happened.

Looking at his e-mail again, he said, "I'll message mudoilngears." And then mentioned that tomorrow (today) is Canada Day and he'll be off, but back on Thursady. So, hopefully then. I'll keep on him, he's been pretty responsive thus far.

Sounds good.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:22 pm

93trooperpooper wrote:a bunch of nutless monkeys randomly hitting keys- we need to realize that our older vehicles are not '' hip'' or ''cool'' to the younger generation, that has been dumbed down by all the useless and un-needed features and what not in vehicles these days.

Oddly when I picked up my 88 resto project Trooper my 21 year old college daughter and all her friends think its really cool. I was shocked but she said "retro" (yeah I had a hard time with that too) vehicles are cool now.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Just an update, I still haven't heard form them. No real hurry, but it might be best to finish what needs to be done before we fade of their radar.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 pm

mudoilngears wrote:Just an update, I still haven't heard form them. No real hurry, but it might be best to finish what needs to be done before we fade of their radar.

Agreed, I'll hit him up again today.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:48 pm

I'd be willing to moderate, as I've gotten a great deal of valuable information from this site, and tried to give back as much useful information as I've gotten. Not sure if all those Isuzus in my signature qualify me or not, but there are still lots of good vehicles out there and still a valid need for this site to stay active.

Tim

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:01 pm

kg4miq wrote:I'd be willing to moderate, as I've gotten a great deal of valuable information from this site, and tried to give back as much useful information as I've gotten. Not sure if all those Isuzus in my signature qualify me or not, but there are still lots of good vehicles out there and still a valid need for this site to stay active.

Tim

I don't know, with all the zuzu's you own you kind of have the market cornered. Might not be enough left for a fan following Lol :lol:

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:06 pm

mudoilngears wrote:Just an update, I still haven't heard form them. No real hurry, but it might be best to finish what needs to be done before we fade of their radar.

Looks like they got you set up!

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:07 pm

kg4miq wrote:I'd be willing to moderate, as I've gotten a great deal of valuable information from this site, and tried to give back as much useful information as I've gotten. Not sure if all those Isuzus in my signature qualify me or not, but there are still lots of good vehicles out there and still a valid need for this site to stay active.

Tim

I'll pass your name along.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Hey Stephen, Great to see they gave you moderator rights. Hope to see some good activity return to the page. I started a r/Isuzu subreddit a while back and have been directing people to Planetisuzoo. Looking forward to ROTM returning. Hope all is going well with your trooper.

-Richard

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Richey wrote:Hey Stephen, Great to see they gave you moderator rights. Hope to see some good activity return to the page. I started a r/Isuzu subreddit a while back and have been directing people to Planetisuzoo. Looking forward to ROTM returning. Hope all is going well with your trooper.

-Richard

Thanks, hombre. I'd like to see RoTM Return as well. You interested taking the reigns and firing that back up?
Trooper is good. Building a dual exhaust for it right now. Hows the Amigo?

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:31 pm

SRN wrote:
Richey wrote:Hey Stephen, Great to see they gave you moderator rights. Hope to see some good activity return to the page. I started a r/Isuzu subreddit a while back and have been directing people to Planetisuzoo. Looking forward to ROTM returning. Hope all is going well with your trooper.

-Richard

Thanks, hombre. I'd like to see RoTM Return as well. You interested taking the reigns and firing that back up?
Trooper is good. Building a dual exhaust for it right now. Hows the Amigo?

I'd definitely be down to start back up ROTM. Ill send you a PM

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:56 pm

They didn't give you admin abilities did they? I'd love to fix the picture issue on this site. It's a royal pain. I think we'd see build projects go way up if it weren't so cumbersome to post pictures.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Enemigo wrote:They didn't give you admin abilities did they? I'd love to fix the picture issue on this site. It's a royal pain. I think we'd see build projects go way up if it weren't so cumbersome to post pictures.

No, they only gave us moderation rights. The picture issue can only really be resolved with a software upgrade to a newer version of VBulletin of XenForo. I know that VS has other sites on newer software, and I've asked them about that and the response that I've gotten is that they are willing to upgrade it, but they have to resolve some issues with our current database, which is old, in order to do it. No timetable, though. For me after resolving the moderation issue, getting the software updated is the biggest thing. So I'll keep after them on that.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:31 pm

SRN wrote:
Enemigo wrote:They didn't give you admin abilities did they? I'd love to fix the picture issue on this site. It's a royal pain. I think we'd see build projects go way up if it weren't so cumbersome to post pictures.

No, they only gave us moderation rights. The picture issue can only really be resolved with a software upgrade to a newer version of VBulletin of XenForo. I know that VS has other sites on newer software, and I've asked them about that and the response that I've gotten is that they are willing to upgrade it, but they have to resolve some issues with our current database, which is old, in order to do it. No timetable, though. For me after resolving the moderation issue, getting the software updated is the biggest thing. So I'll keep after them on that.

Not VBulletin. This is phpBB.

And what "picture issue"?

Jack

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:53 pm

JoeIsuzu wrote:Not VBulletin. This is phpBB.

Jack

Thats correct, but VS only "supports" VBulletin and XenForo. So those are the options for upgrading.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:22 pm

The issue is that the site makes you crop photos down to be only a certain amount of pixels wide. It says how many pixels, but that doesn't translate to how I crop my photos, so it's always just a guess. It's annoying to try and post 5-10 photos, then get a message that something is too wide. It doesn't say which one though, or how much wider it is. It also seems to be a ratio, because I've cropped photos to make them more narrow, but if I also crop the photo to make it shorter, it changes the aspect ratio and won't accept the cropped photo. Finally, once you finally get the photo posted, the site auto resizes it anyway into that dumb little box where you have to click for enlarged photo. If it's going to resize them all anyway, what's the point right? It's just an annoying thing to always have to work around.
Post a reply