New NorCal Trooper Owner

Say Hi here for the first time. We're all friendly :)

Moderator: Staff

New NorCal Trooper Owner

Postby ccummings27 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Hey Y'all!

I'm stoked to be joining a group like this! I lucked into a 2002 Trooper from my grandfather(160k), garage kept for 18 years with service records dating back to the date of purchase. It lived up in Incline Village, CA for its life till I came upon it about a month and a half ago. Super super stoked to finally have a 4x4, coming from a '94 BMW 540i back in high school, and a '99 Chevy Express camper van my buddy and I converted recently. Also stoked to talk shop and meet up with folks around here. I'm fairly new to cars and I love to learn, so looking forward to picking some brains.

I'm interested in adding a roof rack capable of supporting a kayak and and ARB awning and possibly lifting it by 1.5" or so. Any tips and recommendations are welcomed!

Cheers y'all,
Conner
ccummings27
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: New NorCal Trooper Owner

Postby SRN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Conner,

Welcome! Tons of information on all of that here on planet. For the roof rack, one of the cool things about Troopers is that they already have three integrated hard point in the roof that you can mount a rack too. SurCo is a good place to start with that.
SRN
Trail Master

Have thanks: 38 times

Postby ccummings27 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Ah man thank you so much! Checking out the website right now and its the most helpful thusfar!!
ccummings27
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby itsmehb » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:54 am

Welcome here. Great forum and members. Incline Village, probably not a prettier place anywhere. Vacationed there once, but memories last a lifetime. And it's removed from all the problems of the southern part of your great state.
1990 Amigo, 2.3 5 speed (sold)
1991 Pick up (long gone)
2000 Amigo, 2.2 5 speed(sold)
1985 Trooper 1.9 4 speed (sent back to KS)
1989 Trooper RS 2.6 5 spd. Red

We get too soon old and too late smart!

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him"

Golf is just an expensive way to play marbles
itsmehb
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 290 times

Return to New Member Introductions