Isuzu SUV Forum banner

ITEC5Tec mod problem

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Duntov 
#1 ·
Hey there, I'm moving my water temp sensor up to the radiator thermo housing as seen in the video, but running into some issues and curious if anyone has figured out how to do it the "right" way.

The method of removing the vacuum switching valve and installing a 3/8 in MIP x 1/4 in FIP (home depot PN LFA-778) is obviously sort of a hack move since it's not metric threads, but has worked for some. I'm can't get my sensor to thread into the new non-metric brass fitting. Has anyone else figured out a better solution here to get this out of the water jacket on the intake and relocated? Pics appreciated!

#2 ·
As I look at this more, I think I'm going to leave the coolant temp sensor underneath the intake in stock location. That area will continue to have water, and you can sort of access it from the wheel well.

I just put the thermal switching valve back onto the thermo housing to plug it off.

Anyone have the "RIGHT" way to do this mod???

#3 ·
I had no problem threading a new water temp sender into that location, I used whatever john described in his videos. Leaving it in the stock location works fine but defeats the purpose of doing 5-tec as it will still live under the intake manifold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.