Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Wiper

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SAS 
#1 ·
Had to show this. It's a Wiper. Never heard of them, but in Kansas it's a cross between a Striper and a white bass. It's my youngest grandson and he was so proud of it. It weighed 10 pounds and was 26 inches long.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice catch. I've never heard of them either. But then, I've never heard of a white bass. I don't fish...
My grandfather tried to get me interested in fishing as a boy, it didn't take. I can do it if I get hungry but not for fun. I know catfish, gar, perch... the rest are "fish".

I DID get pretty attached to fresh rainbow trout in a skillet on a trip to Colorado with my parents.

#3 ·
Von said:
Nice catch. I've never heard of them either. But then, I've never heard of a white bass. I don't fish...
My grandfather tried to get me interested in fishing as a boy, it didn't take. I can do it if I get hungry but not for fun. I know catfish, gar, perch... the rest are "fish".

I DID get pretty attached to fresh rainbow trout in a skillet on a trip to Colorado with my parents.
Yep, after I retired I moved to Lake Fork, the bass capital of Texas, bought a bass boat and fished for almost 6 years and never heard of a wiper. Actually had to google it after my son sent the picture and said it was a wiper.

#5 ·
We have those here in Northern Nevada, strange looking critter! But man do they put up a fight!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.