Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Afternoon Project

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  geoffinbc 
#1 ·
I'm in the middle of an engine refresh/swap from my old blue Trooper to my new one. I needed a better lifting device than a chain with a bolt through it so I took a page from the carb lifting plates you always see in magazines and on TV and made one for my TBI intake. A bit of 1/4" plate some holes and a few stitch welds and away we go. It also serves as a way to keep something from going into the intake.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good job. On the piece and for actually doing it.
That's one of those things I keep meaning to do but never do. On the back burner until I'm scrounging for longer bolts to attach a chain with...

#3 ·
Yea the chain works but it's hard to choke up tight to the engine in order to get high enough to get over the rad support. Plus I don't want to scratch my new engine paint lol.

#4 ·
If I welded that, it would probably break. I speak from experience. Many years back I was replacing a 289 in my 66 mustang with a 302. Had the engine and tranny over the fender when the homemade lift weld broke. A loud crash. It missed me. The shock tower took most of the impact and the only real damage was a busted bell housing and a damaged ego.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.