Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Manual impact driver

8K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  furiousbob 
#1 ·
There's probably not many times you will need a manual impact driver, but the one time you might, it's a very handy tool to have in your tool box. Google manual impact driver and you'll see many are available. Mine is a snap on and worked great loosening the 3 screws that have to be removed to access the front wheel bearings.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah, I bought a cheap one for that very purpose.

#5 ·
gruff54 said:
There's been one in my toolbox since around 1970. Had to have one for the phillips head bolts on jap bikes.

Mike
I have a K-D hand impact tool I bought about the same time, when I started working on my Honda motorcycles. Still have it and it works perfectly!
Much better built than most of 'em you find today.

Looks like the KDT1140 is an identical copy of my old one. I guess a good design doesn't doesn't necessarily go out of style!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KD-Tools-KDT114 ... 5b16e9cfba

An indispensable tool and one that should be found in every mechanic's tool chest.

#6 ·
That's another one of those tools you don't need very often but are worth their weight in gold when you do.

I've got a cheap one from harbor freight. Works great.

#7 ·
They're also handy to loosen door latch and striker bolts. Pretty sure mine's a K-D. Bought it 10-15 years ago, used it about half a dozen times. You don't need one often, but when you do, you sure are glad you have one!

#8 ·
They are great tools. Especially since all vehicles use Philips head screws somewhere. A tip for the wheel bearings. Remove the screws with the took and replace them with a flat head socket cap screw. I have changed mine over and it makes future service much easier.

#9 ·
Bump for Richey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.