Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Flapper discs.

9K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  wesharris 
#1 ·
One of my favorite tools. I have a couple of 4 1/2" angle grinders. They get a workout. a few years ago I discovered these flapper discs. The abrasive is bonded to steel leaves that lay like fish scales. They clean like crazy without over heating the metal like a grind stone wheel does. They also last a long time. This week I've been cleaning leaf springs with mine.

See less See more
#3 ·
Love me some flapper discs.

#4 ·
been using for years , what a great piece of kit :D

#5 ·
Use them all the time, especially in the shop when i clean up bourbon barrel rings

Great idea on the springs Mark. They look great

Cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

#6 ·
They are descent. In a production environment they are only good for finishing. If you have serious rust and scale removal jobs and a sand blaster is not available then use Walter Mill Scale Flex Cut Discs. They work much faster and don't clog up.

The idea behind a flap disc is they remove material like 36 grit but leave a finish like an 80 or 120 grit.

#7 ·
I love flap discs ...I like them cause you can nearly Polish with them ...but also clean up nasty metal for welding

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.