Isuzu SUV Forum banner

hard to track down parts

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  brucethebunny 
#1 ·
hello there nice to see people love their isuzu as much as i love my trooper. had her 3 years. just going to replace the steering system and suspension. easy enough. i just cant find a pitman arm, idler arm, or rear coil leaf springs and struts. Ive checked basically everywhere. rock auto parts geek auto shack anything i can find online. finding everything else was easy. so if you know of anything i could use from a different isuzu or something... any information at all. just let me know. im really stuck right now.

thanks

#2 ·
Hello, a 93 should have coils, there is an extensive list on this forum, of compatible coils with part numbers. You do not have struts, you have shocks. They should be available most anywhere, includin RockAuto. KYB is a good brand for shocks.

#3 ·
mudoilngears said:
brucethebunny said:
hello there nice to see people love their isuzu as much as i love my trooper. had her 3 years. just going to replace the steering system and suspension. easy enough. i just cant find a pitman arm, idler arm, or rear coil leaf springs and struts. Ive checked basically everywhere. rock auto parts geek auto shack anything i can find online. finding everything else was easy. so if you know of anything i could use from a different isuzu or something... any information at all. just let me know. im really stuck right now.

thanks
Hello, a 93 should have coils, there is an extensive list on this forum, of compatible coils with part numbers. You do not have struts, you have shocks. They should be available most anywhere, includin RockAuto. KYB is a good brand for shocks.
Also, the pitman arm on a Trooper has no moving parts, so I don't see a scenario in which it would need replacement.

#4 ·
any suggestions for pulling the pitman arm off? i got the idler arm off just by taking the bracket screws but i have a new center link to put in as the old one is rusted and a cracked in a spot. so... it just like. wont come off. castle nut came off easy enough. but i just cant seem to yank it off. also duh. super duh about the "struts" lol thank you. can you direct me to where the forum on compatible parts is? i really appreciate the help.

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.