Is a 2" Lift Possible on 2nd-Gen Trooper w/ ARB Bull Bar?

For all things chrome plated and greasy that don't mount to the truck

Moderator: Staff

Is a 2" Lift Possible on 2nd-Gen Trooper w/ ARB Bull Bar?

Postby nickjaynes » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:52 am

I am aiming to lift my 95 Trooper w/ 2919 OME springs in the rear. I was wondering, can turning the front torsion bars allow for enough front-end lift to match the rear 2" when there's the added weight of bull bars and winch on the front nose? I'd hate to lift the rear 2" then only get 1" out of the front. I simply don't know how much lift the torsion bars will give me in the front. Has anyone else done this? I'd love anyone's thoughts or experience. Thanks!
nickjaynes
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: Is a 2" Lift Possible on 2nd-Gen Trooper w/ ARB Bull Bar

Postby Van » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Don't know for sure, but it would be wise to get some HD torsion bars to keep the front from dropping with the extra weight.
Van
Donor
Donor

Have thanks: 104 times

Postby BigSwede » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 am

The ride height in front can be adjusted indefinitely by reindexing the torsion bars as necessary. I prefer not to go more than 3" to preserve ride quality, so 2" is not a problem. Check your alignment for camber after the lift; a ball joint "flip" might be helpful for camber but I'm not sure it will be needed for a 2" lift.
Formerly the owner of a 95 Trooper LS - 4" lift, 35" tires, 5.38 gears, ARB lockers
Indy4x Revolution 3.07:1 low range gears, Indy4x HD tie rods, homemade sway bar disconnects, Calmini HD sway bars, Darlington diff drop, OME 929 coil springs + 1" poly spacers and 1" body lift, Indy4x HD torsion bars, Indy4x HD rear axle links, Indy4x Kevlar brake lines, ARB bullbar, custom rear bumper with swing-out dual jerry can carrier, rock sliders, Sears Platinum Group 31 battery, ARB mini-compressor, Indy4x kevlar air lines, Warn M8000 winch, Blue Sea 6006 winch cutoff switch, Yaesu FT-1900R 2-meter ham radio, Larsen MHW-150C 1/2 wave antenna, Cobra 18WXST CB radio, Firestik II CB antenna, IPF driving lights, generic fog lights, two (2) Blue Sea auxiliary fuse panels, sleeping platform, and outofrshell Dave's custom 1" shifter extension. (I actually typed this list as a joke but people seem to like it.)
BigSwede
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 262 times

Postby nickjaynes » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Is there an article anywhere explaining how to do the ball joint flip? I've not found one.
nickjaynes
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby One_Big_Game » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:33 pm

nickjaynes wrote:Is there an article anywhere explaining how to do the ball joint flip? I've not found one.

Here is the flip with the spacer- but it’s the same process. It’s not too hard, I flipped mine a month ago. https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?th ... lip.27169/
2000 Trooper 155k 5-Spd G80 Maxxis Bighorns 255/85r16
2" OME lift with T-bar crank, Superwinch Manual Hubs
F-150 HD tie rods, BJ flip, Indy4x swaybar bushings F/R, Tint
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDXAdH ... vrm4OBMcRQ
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/One_Big_Game
One_Big_Game
Trail Rider

Have thanks: 3 times

Return to Tool & Shop