Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Which OBD2 code reader w/ABS??

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  rbral 
#1 ·
Thinking it's time to get a code reader and would like to get one that will read the ABS codes as well. I don't have an android phone and prefer to just get a standalone handheld unit.

Cars in the fleet are '97 Suburban, '99 Rav4, '02 Mazda Tribute, and a couple of '01 Rodeo Sports.

There are several Innova models that say they will read the ABS codes (3020 and 3030) for under $50, anyone had success reading codes with these?

Any other readers I should be considering? I'd like to stay under $100 if possible.

Thanks!

Ken

#3 ·
I think I've seen Buster mention the Innova 3160, but I'm not sure. Maybe a PM to him?

#4 ·
I bought an Innova 3030 several years ago when I started getting ABS warnings on my GTP. I never could get the silly thing to pick up an ABS code, even when the car's information center was telling me the ABS had an error. And it was hit or miss as to whether or not it would read various car's systems.

So even though it's in your price range.... don't get that one.

#5 ·
Well after working with Autel customer support they finally told me that the Autel AL619 scanner I purchased will not read Isuzu ABS codes, the protocol hasn't been developed. Their website and literature says it will read both the Isuzu ABS and SRS codes. The AL619 did connect to the SRS system and seemed to talk to that module, but not the ABS. Thankfully I was able to return the scanner for a full refund.

So, back to the original question, has anyone found a handheld scanner that will read the Isuzu ABS codes?

#6 ·
Don't know about a scanner that will work, can connect pin 4 and 8 on DLC, and count the flashes off the CEL for codes.

#7 ·
after 1996 it is the law that every vehicle in north America be OBD2 compliant
BUT
some of the car makers kept the old diag connectors, but were OBD2 compliant-ish-
but you needed THEIR adaptor to read/diagnose/clear dtc problems.

I have a autel maxidas 708-reads everything under the sun- but its not cheap new, thank god I got mine for $500.
its slower than the $4000 dollar model, but than again I get paid by the hour......

#8 ·
$500 Dollars for a scanner----unreal,good to know. :twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.