Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Speed Handle???

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  itsmehb 
#1 ·
This speed handle (1/2 drive) is probably over 50 years old and it finally broke. The spring loaded ball bearing that held the handle on came apart. Since I left my 3/8th drive speed handle in a pick and pull last year I thought it would be a good time to get some new ones. Not so easy. I tried northern tool, lowes, home depot, sears, ace hardware, and the auto parts stores. Did they just quit making these? Any one seen any for sale, and can tell me where to go. To get a tool that is. LOL.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Reactions: itsmehb
#4 ·
#5 ·
The air ratchet and now the battery impact wrenches have just about made the speed handle obsolete. If there's enough room to use the speed handle, there's enough room to use them.

#6 ·
Darby said:
The air ratchet and now the battery impact wrenches have just about made the speed handle obsolete. If there's enough room to use the speed handle, there's enough room to use them.
Yes, that's true, and probably the reason there hard to find anymore. Mine is a Giller tool, and was able to go to Ace hardware and purchase a ball bearing and spring and fix the handle so it now stays on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.