3.2 SOHC Camshaft Sprocket Removal Tool

For all things chrome plated and greasy that don't mount to the truck

Moderator: Staff

3.2 SOHC Camshaft Sprocket Removal Tool

Postby SupATro.0pA » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Is there a tool to help remove the camshaft sprocket from the 3.2 SOHC? I see a hole that looks like it's designed for a tool, but I can't find said tool online.

95 Isuzu Trooper S MAU5, DOHC Heads, SOHC Intake Manifold, GM Injectors, MSD 8224 Coils, 285/75/r16 KO2's, SLX Interior
95 Isuzu Trooper LS 4l30e

“Boys, be ambitious. Be ambitious not for money, not for selfish aggrandizement, not for the evanescent thing which men call fame. Be ambitious for the attainment of all that a man can be.”

― William Clark
SupATro.0pA
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 2 times

Sponsor

Re: 3.2 SOHC Camshaft Sprocket Removal Tool

Postby finefettle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:20 pm

No idea. Did you get that bolt off that is a bit chewed up holding the sprocket on?
I'm not sold that hole is for a tool. If you need to keep sprocket from spinning to get that bolt off. That hole could be used.
take some flat bar stock drill two holes to line up with hole in sprocket and hole on Head and bolt her up to hold the sprocket still. ?
1988 Trooper LS ,4ZE1,Aisin Autotrans, manual hubs,cruise control
1989 Trooper LS 4ZE1, Manual,stock
finefettle
Has a Trail Truck

Have thanks: 12 times

Re: 3.2 SOHC Camshaft Sprocket Removal Tool

Postby SupATro.0pA » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:38 am

I didn't get the bolt off. Just took the whole cam out. The plastic protective piece lifted right up and off.

A friend of mine showed me a tool that is used for this. A ratcheting piece of plastic belt that is used to hold the sprocket in place. I may have to give it a run.
95 Isuzu Trooper S MAU5, DOHC Heads, SOHC Intake Manifold, GM Injectors, MSD 8224 Coils, 285/75/r16 KO2's, SLX Interior
95 Isuzu Trooper LS 4l30e

“Boys, be ambitious. Be ambitious not for money, not for selfish aggrandizement, not for the evanescent thing which men call fame. Be ambitious for the attainment of all that a man can be.”

― William Clark
SupATro.0pA
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 2 times

Return to Tool & Shop