Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Quick Garage Walkthrough

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  The Bear Jew 
#1 ·
I had a couple of questions PM'd to me about a ford engine in my garage and after answering them, I decided since I'm kind of at a stopping point until tomorrow (hopefully). I'd show you guys my working conditions.

Backstory: A few months ago my dad became ill and he unfortunately had to go to an assisted living community. My fiancé and I took him to about 15 places until he found one that he liked. There is dogs he can play with and everything. Anyway, originally we didn't know what to do with the house. On the day we dropped him off he told me "nothing would make him happier than to have his grandchildren grow up in his house". So we moved out of our apartment and into my dads house. That is were the fun began. There is a lot in the house that needs repair, and it needed a crazy amount of cleaning. We are slowly making our way down the list of repairs and have most of the house cleaned. The garage as you will see it in the video is after about 5 10 hour days of work. There is still a fair amount to slim down and clean but I have it cleaned out enough to pull the trooper in and work so I'm happy for now. I'm not sure how interesting you guys will find this as it is pretty standard garage but to me it represents the culmination of my fathers hard work and the future for my family for the foreseeable future.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your Dad, sounds like a nice place though, the dogs would have sold me too. Garage looks great! Love the model cars and the little VW sitting on the corner of the shelf. Overall it looks more organized than mine :D and looks like a good spot to teach his grandchildren how cars and trucks work.

Reactions: billie_morini
#4 ·
Try and get that Troop ready for our fall get together at URE in NC. First weekend in November I believe. Great time with a bunch of great guys. Families more than welcome.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, sorry about your dad 92zu. I go see him at least once a week. He seems happy. I try to split my time between work, school, fixing the house, fixing the trooper (which i try and make family time as well), and general family time.

I want to have to trooper fixed and running over the next week, so i can work out any other kinks before the trip (im sure there will be something as i havent driven it since i bought it) The previous owners only had like 50 miles on it before the head gasket went. The only thing i know about the owners before that is it was willed to a women that couldnt drive a manual so she never drove it. I told my fiance I want to take everyone up there to URE this year, she seems excited so thats a plus lol.

We actually still have about 200 of the 4000 model cars my dad had in the garage. They are ones we just couldnt part with, no troopers though, we looked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.