Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Harbor Freight transmission jack

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  N law 
#1 ·
Made a little video of my new tool, pretty useful, I like it!

Dont know how to make videos show up...

#2 ·
That's a pretty sweet jack for the money.
I'm still looking at different jack options for the T18 and NP205 installs on my truck. I like that one and still eyeballing HF's little scissor transmission jack. And I've been looking at this floor jack/ATV jack chimera... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Powerbuilt-4 ... lsrc=aw.ds
funny looking critter.

Still got an old Hein Werner model 54 frame.. all the hydraulics are totally shot.. that I may do something with.

I've read a lot of posts on different forums knocking the HF stuff, especially the hydraulic tools. varying degrees of quality depending on which sweat shop built it. Hydraulic rams not being polished well and seals blowing out. I'd always blown those reports off... I've got a shop full of HF tools and I've been very happy with 95% of them.. More than enough to absorb the cost of the occasional piece of crap.

A couple of weeks ago the seals went out on my 3 year old HF 3 ton floor jack. Granted, the poor thing was terribly abused the first two years of it's life. Spent some time outside in the rain, snow and Texas summer sun. Might have been submerged a time or two when the boys "borrowed" it for their idiotic escapades...
There are zero parts available for it. having said all that, I will probably pick up another one just like it at the next sidewalk sale for $67.

#3 ·
:D I bought a Harbor Freight 3 ton a few years back
its a great jack 8)

#4 ·
1995pickup said:
:D I bought a Harbor Freight 3 ton a few years back
its a great jack 8)
I just bought another one yesterday. Haven't tossed the old one on the scrap pile yet.... I also got a wireless remote for my 12,000 lb winch. Works a dream, I like it. Broke the cable end on the wired remote. I did find out I can order new wired remotes through HFs customer service line, will probably order a couple just in case. $12. maybe I'll contact them to see if I can get a cylinder or seals for the old 3 ton.

I checked out Deezil's transmission jack while I was there. Stout little sucker, I like it.

#5 ·
I wanted another jack last year to keep at a rental shop space. I ended up going with the Harbor Freight 2 ton jack, despite it being a little more money and less load rating. The handle has a cross bar on it, so you can lift and move vehicles over a couple feet, pull engines and stuff easily out from under a vehicle. It's a fantastic jack. If they weren't $50 more, I'd own another at the house. When my house one goes out, I'll buy another one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.