Isuzu SUV Forum banner

WTB Folding trail jackstands

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BigSwede 
#1 ·
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/jk-genera ... stand.html

I would be really interested in something like the Slee prototype Has anyone bought anything similar to this product? What do normal people do when they have to do more than pull a tire? Is there a better option than cutting a section of log?

Nelson

#2 ·
I have no idea what normal people do.

Interesting thread though... those JK owners can get kinda pissy.

Pretty cool stands though, wonder why they haven't pursued that. That's the only jack stand design I've seen that I'd trust on soft ground though. Or carry around some lumber to put under a regular jack stand.

#3 ·
Seems like if you need jack stands on the trail, you're in deep doo doo. I've seen everything from using nearby rocks or logs for cribbing under the frame. Most of the time though, unless you're changing a tire, an off-road rig will have clearance to climb under and fix a rear end or driveshaft issue. If you do have to pull the wheel to do brake or CV work, stick the tire between the frame and the ground. Keep your arms and legs out of the way while you work and just be careful.

If you really wanted to haul something around, get or build something like a dirt bike stand or the pedestal that elephants put their feet on at the circus as a stationary jack stand. But I would make sure it was wide and stable and only use it on flat, solid ground.

Reactions: Nelsoncycles
#4 ·
Spare tire under the frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.