Flex seal tape

For all things chrome plated and greasy that don't mount to the truck

Moderator: Staff

Flex seal tape

Postby itsmehb » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:19 am

Nothing to do with cars. I had a few wasps trying to enter a small hole where my A/C lines went through the soffit. Read about Flex seal tape so thought I would give it a try. I ended up buying the Gorilla version as shown in the picture. It was side by side with the Flex seal at walmart. Also it's 10 feet long compared to flex seal which is 5 feet long for the same price. My first time trying it. Worked great. If you ever have to seal something even on a car, give it a try
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 Amigo, 2.3 5 speed (sold)
1991 Pick up (long gone)
2000 Amigo, 2.2 5 speed(sold)
1985 Trooper 1.9 4 speed (sent back to KS)
1989 Trooper RS 2.6 5 spd. Red

We get too soon old and too late smart!

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him"

Golf is just an expensive way to play marbles
itsmehb
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 326 times

Sponsor

Re: Flex seal tape

Postby Enemigo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:50 am

I hear a lot of good things about it. I used it to join the coroplast under carriage on a trailer where the dealership cut it and left it. Worked great. Then I bought a roll for the off-road repair kit before Moab just in case someone broke a radiator hose or something.
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 40 times

Re: Flex seal tape

Postby giusedtobe » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:58 am

You know how the insulation under the carpet tends to crack and rip when you take it out? I used this exact stuff to tape all the seams and torn areas. Works like a charm.

Same thing, I was looking at flex seal tape and this was cheaper and more of it.
giusedtobe
Trail Master

Have thanks: 33 times