Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Procedure: How to post/respond in the classifieds

2M views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  JoeIsuzu 
#1 ·
Apparently we need a bit of clarity here.

Step 1: User1 posts a For-Sale or Wanted ad.
Step 2, option A: User2,3,4 responds to said post with a question about it that will help everyone else who is interested. Eg: "Will this fit a 1991?"
Step 2, option B: User2,3,4 sends a PM or email to User1 asking a question. Eg: "Will you trade steel wheels from an 89 Trooper for these?"

Step 3, not optional: Deal is completed via private communications. This means payment, shipping, grievances, compliments, etc.

Step 4: User1 posts when the item is no longer available.

Links to auctions that you have posted are ok, but the auction is to take place off-site.

Please understand that when you post to the forum, the post should contain something that will benefit others. A good example is listed above. A bad example is "My dog is having liposuction next Tuesday so I won't get you a check until March." That's a detail about a private transaction and should be conveyed via email or PM.

If there are questions please ask.

-Tad

See less See more
#3 ·
testing for classified ad , new comer, new member. 1996 honda passport. V6, FWD, 5 speed. 147K miles Well maintained. Frame rot at left rear shackle and radiator support. just unsafe to drive. Owner is non smoker. seats, interior, radio, all decent. engine leaks oil either rear main or pan gasket. 4 wheel drive will work if bypassing electrical switches. ABS light on. Check engine light on. very clean interior. exterior normal for a 20 y.o. but no major rust through. Located in Nj. Trans and clutch solid. It can be driven. have title. currently registered and insured. have dealer shop manuals, tow hitch and lighting system. Will break up, part out. 5 Alun. rims. frame is swiss cheese boys. if u need parts, give me a hollar. Thanks for the add and any questions, pls ask. bone yard wants $150.00.
pathetic!

#4 ·
I am in need of a 2.6L 4ZE1 Cylinder head for my 1990 Trooper. I would prefer one that is a -93 casting from a '93 or newer 2.6L. The newer heads have a smaller, heart shaped combustion chamber which would boost my compression. If you have one for sale or know where I can purchase one please advise as my head is non-repairable. THANKS!

#5 ·
Excellent condition Isuzu Trooper II, 4x4, Stick, 2door
TAKING BEST OFFER
LOCATED IN SAN JOSE, CA
willing to tow-deliver

New to all this.
New paint,midnight Blue
New engine
New tires
New interior
New lights
New window tint
New windshield
New cat converter
Tow package front & rear

#6 ·
Melody said:
Excellent condition Isuzu Trooper II, 4x4, Stick, 2door

New to all this.
New paint,midnight Blue
New engine
New tires
New interior
New lights
New window tint
New windshield
New cat converter
Tow package front & rear
Ok. you are new at this. So this topic is not for ads. This is PROCEDURE for posting (and responding) in the classifies.

And when you DO get around to posting it in the classifieds, please include the vehicle's location and price. A Trooper in Greenland won't help a buyer in Alabama, so location is very important.

Jack

#9 ·
For sale. 2002 Isuzu Rodeo. Transmission makes noise in park and neutral. I have put lots of parts in it! But can't work on transmissions. List of new parts are new front shocks (KYB Gas-a-just), inner and outer tire rods, upper and lower ball joints, water pump and timing belt (Denso) fuel pump (Denso), rear KYB shocks gas-a-just/junk yard find, but very good. Rear glass lifts, spark plugs, egr valve, royal purple in the rear dif. I just pump out the old fluid. An added the new fluid. Idler pulley, new alternator from autozone. I'm sure that I'm forgetting stuff. Asking $1000. This was my daily driver that I bought in May of 2017. I miss it, but I need something else to drive, since my back up car is gonna die soon, a abused/neglected 1996 toyota avalon with 257000 miles. Or trade for something dependable. This is my first time post, and you guys have helped me through most of the repairs in the last 8 months. I would like to communicate through text of phone calls if possible Thank You.

#11 ·
When you create a new topic, there should be a tab at the bottom that says "Upload attachment". You can also edit your existing post. Tab is in the same place.

#12 ·
Again, as another member posted earlier: If you are selling or buying. It is always a good idea to list your basic location. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Just like real estate. Dennis

#14 ·
Edderds 91 Trooper said:
Need rubber for both front "vent" Windows...hopefully new rubber...(do not need glass)...
Or, if someone knows if some Jeep or other vehicle vent window rubber could be altered to fit...?
Or, if seals could be fabricated from some generic weather stripping...?
Thanks,
Why is this HERE?

#19 ·
Talon said:
I am a tech tard, so please forgive me and instruct me on correct posting of sales items if I am getting this wrong!

Two items leftover from getting a 1997 3.2l V6 4x Honda Passport aka Isuzu Rodeo back on the road.

Oil pump with seals, brand new, actually does not fit the 1997 Honda Passport aka Isuzu Rodeo. Box got recycled before this discovery, so could not return. Please see pics.
Asking $15 obo + shipping from Washington State, USA

Transmission filter kit brand new: sorry I forgot to get gasket in pic, it is included. Please see pics.
Asking $110 obo + shipping from Washington State, USA
First -- not here. Even though you changed the "Subject", your post (like some others in this topic) is not about the Procedure. You should create your own "new topic".

Hope that's helpful.

Jack

#20 ·
Thank you for your quick reply, Jack. I am sorry, I do not see where to create a "new topic". The way I posted did not seem right, but I did not see other options. The only option I just found is the Jump to: box down there in my lower right corner of this page...it already has Classifieds qued up....I will send this to you then explore that best I can! Again, thank you for your patience and instruction.

#22 ·
Apparently we need a bit of clarity here.

Step 1: User1 posts a For-Sale or Wanted ad.
Step 2, option A: User2,3,4 responds to said post with a question about it that will help everyone else who is interested. Eg: "Will this fit a 1991?"
Step 2, option B: User2,3,4 sends a PM or email to User1 asking a question. Eg: "Will you trade steel wheels from an 89 Trooper for these?"

Step 3, not optional: Deal is completed via private communications. This means payment, shipping, grievances, compliments, etc.

Step 4: User1 posts when the item is no longer available.

Links to auctions that you have posted are ok, but the auction is to take place off-site.

Please understand that when you post to the forum, the post should contain something that will benefit others. A good example is listed above. A bad example is "My dog is having liposuction next Tuesday so I won't get you a check until March." That's a detail about a private transaction and should be conveyed via email or PM.

If there are questions please ask.

-Tad
Hi. I posted a classified a few months ago for a 2001 Trooper in PA. No responses or comments although I think I posted it properly. It is still available.Is there a way to "re-post" it to bring it up to today's postings? I edited the first line adding "Still Available!" but I don't think that accomplished anything. Thanks. Terry Skelton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.