Isuzu SUV Forum banner

1994 Isuzu Trooper [$2000 OBO]

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  chuckthebull 
#1 · (Edited)
I love this Trooper. I've owned it for nine years and taken it on quite literally tens of thousands of miles of dirt roads and it has never failed me. You can read all about it here.

Because it has been well loved, it is not pristine looking. It has rust around the windshield and the wheel wells. A crack in the windshield. The rocker panels have been tagged on more than one occasion and there is plenty of Rock Mountain pin striping. But it gets you where it needs to go and more importantly, gets you back. The only real issue with the vehicle is that it has developed a tick. This is due to the cam chain tensioner on the left cylinder bank not fully pressurizing. This does cause a bit of hesitance when the vehicle is cold, but once it warms up it's fine (aside from the tick). Tastefully modified to include:

Completely rebuilt DOHC 3.2L Engine (~30,000 miles since rebuild)
Clutch replaced at time of engine rebuild
Old Man Emu 8929 Rear Springs (2" lift)
Front Torsion Bar's cranked to match the rear
Upper Ball Joint flip to correct camber from lift
Totally rebuilt front axle (Diff, CV's, Ball Joints, et. all)
TeraLow 3:1 Transfer Case gears
Rebuilt rear differential with factory Isuzu LSD
Custom dual exhaust
AISIN manual locking front hubs
Heavy duty tie rods
12-volt power run to the rear cargo area
Totally recharged and rebuilt AC system
Dual Scepter/Jerry Can holder
255/85 R16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains (1/4 tread left)
Optima Blue Top

So why am I selling this much loved Trooper? In a nutshell; it's time to move on. My family has grown and while the Trooper has been stellar for me individually, the family needs something a little more plush and modern on these back country adventures of ours.

i would absolutely love to see this Trooper end up in the hands of another Planet Isuzoo member!

Asking $2,000 OBO. This includes a box of spare parts. That's a killer deal for anyone looking for a great, capable camping rig!

Located in Salt Lake City, UT. PM if you are interested!

See less See more
#3 ·
Enemigo said:
I've been reading your Patrol build thread and am pretty interested. Only about half way through, but nicely done so far.

Anyway, free bump to help sell your Trooper.
Thanks, man. Its a totally different beast from the Trooper, but it's been fun!