Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Rear Window Hinge Pin Missing!

521 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NAES 
#1 ·
Hi Folks, new member here who has a 1999 Rodeo that I just can't let go of. Love the vehicle, love the design, this thing just has a spot in my heart. Went shopping yesterday, when I went to open the rear tailgate the whole rear window moved downwards. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the hinge pin on the right hand side was just plain missing. I went on a web hunt trying to find either a replacement hinge or just the darn pin, but couldn't find any information (everytime I looked up rear window hinge, results for the rear doors kept popping up).

I finally managed to find a hinge online (just the one and for the right hand side) but just to cover my bets, can anyone recommend the size pin or link to the part I would need to order one online?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

#3 ·
Thanks for that advice! I went out with a bunch of drill bits. Started removing the internal panels of the car to access the hinge. Loosened it up, then went round to the back of the car, started removing the spoiler to get to the bolts on the other side of the hinge. Climbed up on the tailgate to start holding the window while I remove the other hinge................. only to see the damn hinge pin that was missing trapped in the window seal!

Spent the next 40 mins putting everything back together before hammering the hinge pin back in..... I guess you live and learn..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.