Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Gemini intake fit 4ZD1

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  KillahKila 
#1 ·
I'm planning to get this Webber intake kit and I says for Holden-Isuzu Gemini, I found in the forums it should fit but I'm just making sure
Thank you
Kila

#3 ·
FROM THE IMAGE IN THE PICTURE, it should fit. What fits the 2.3 also fits the 2.6. Both are the same port and bolt pattern. This applies to the intake. The 2.6 has slightly larger exhaust ports, so a header designed for a 2.3 might be a bit restrictive on a 2.6. Dennis

#5 ·
If I'm remembering someone had installed a similar intake and had trouble with the proper clearance for the distributor. I couldn't find the post or I would have put a link for you.

#8 ·
The picture you originally posted brings up an interesting complication: This manifold was originally made for the smaller Isuzu 4 cylinder engines (with timing chain, NOT belt). Those engines had the dizzy in the FRONT of the engine (IIRC) and the fuel pump was mounted elsewhere. I believe (note: BELIEVE) the manifold port pattern is the same, BUT, there is no provision for the original (mechanical) fuel pump mounting. Now you can't just not mount the fuel pump. The space (cavity) in the cylinder head where the fuel pump mounts (ALL 2.3 and 2.6 heads) has an oil drain return. To use this manifold, you will have to make a "spacer plate" to fit between the manifold and the cylinder head. I suggest 1/8: aluminum or 1/4" (probably better) and longer bolts. You will also have to use 2 manifold gaskets - one on each side of the spacer. You could use a gasket as a pattern for making the spacer.
Note that "back in the day", they made these spacers for Toyota and Datsun (Nissan) engines because they were changing heads and manifolds according to emissions equipment. Those spacers allowed a newer or older manifold to mate up to the different heads for engine swaps. Dennis
You will probably find better information about this by going on the Isuzu PUP websites, or even old Chevy LUVs - just don't call your 1988 - 1995 Isuzu pickup a PUP. This ruffles their feathers.

EDIT: http://www.isuzupup.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3151

Reactions: NCEvets
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.