Isuzu SUV Forum banner

sold

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  lucas 
#1 ·
just an update some things in my life are changing and now I need to unload this truck Ive lowered the price.

Guys the time has come to let the trooper go, not cause its broken in anyway but because it just sits in my driveway and only gets driven once a month or so.
I bought it a few years ago with 142k on it now it 15X,XXX.. The timing belt was changed at 148k just because I never knew if it had ever been done, changed the
water pump at the same time, all new coolant. Oil change every 3k miles or 6 months if its sitting. I rebuilt both front hubs with new bearings and good grease, right
side got a new axle & super winch. Has newer shocks with less that 5k on them I think. Nice new stereo with bluetooth and all the other magic stuff radios do now a days. Tires are damn near new also, blizzard rated snow tires.

The interior of the car is good for its age, the neat seat covers I bought from a dude in puerto rico who didn't have the bottom half of the passenger seat but the rest
of them are in great shape, I think my dog got in the rig once? I do occasionally drive around in it with my son so theres probably a stray gold fish or two.
I added the compass temp unit on the head liner I used a factory isuzu harness from a junkyard find and figured out which terminal block it went to. Work as it was
advertised back in the day. I also got a European center dash clock unit thats supposed to serve some different functions but I haven't had the time to research how to wire them all up. Ive also added factory Fog Lights, and a K&N filter.

You'll be able to see from all the pics the whole vehicle is in pretty ok shape, there is one shoe sized dent on the rear driver side door, and it looks like someone tried to break into it one time by trying to pry something under the top of the drivers door. The license plate light doesn't work as something in its small harness was shorting all the running lights and dashboard out. I have a spare just haven't had time to do it. Needs a new windshield I have all the trim for it. The passenger fender has a boo boo that I riveted back together and sealed with some green paint ( looks awesome from 50 ft away lol).

I have a stupid amount of spare parts. 4 doors, sunroof assembly, nuts/bolts, switches, decals, coil packs.... literally more crap than I can remember.

2002 TROOPER PICS

runs excellent heat and AC both work the cruise control however doesn't not, I believe is the stick coming off the steering column (I have a spare), transmission shifts fine as far as I can tell, Ive changed the fluid on it twice never had gross looking fluid. When I bought the thing I did notice that the trans was cleaner then the engine was so Im kinda thinking it was rebuilt as some point but I have no idea how to tell for sure. Ive changed every filter you can changed and keep grease in all the fittings there is. Id like to get 3000 obo for it with all the parts. You can PM me questions or I can do texts my number is 253-310-6620 my names lucas.
Be advised right now I am working nights so If I don't respond quickly I apologize im probably sleeping or getting my butt kicked at work.

Thank you all for your time.

See less See more
#2 ·
What is the additional functionality of your clock there? I haven't seen one in a Trooper that shows anything other than the time.

#3 ·
SupATro.0pA said:
What is the additional functionality of your clock there? I haven't seen one in a Trooper that shows anything other than the time.
far as I can tell it gives average MPH, time, timer function, MPG(still haven't figured out how to make it work), and outside temp reading(which just needs to be jumped to the overhead unit).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.