Isuzu SUV Forum banner

WTB 2nd Gen Amigo Soft-top "clamps" or frame/hardware

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  blzrodeo 
#1 ·
All;
I am looking for the "clamps" that pull the soft-top frame to the body on a 2nd Gen Amigo. Last fall I bought a frame and hardware from a seller here on the forum, and gifted it to my daughter. This spring we opened it up to do the conversion, and what he sent me was both incomplete and, frankly; Junk.
I can make much of it work, if necessary, if I can find those clamps that go on the roof.

Alternatively, I'd be interested in buying ALL of the components, Complete, and junking what I've got here. If you're parting a car, I'd be very motivated.

And, ultimately, I'd be willing to buy a complete vehicle, if the top components are there. I'm not averse to having another Amigo. :lol:

Please let me know if you have, or if you're aware of any of the above.
Thanks!!

#2 ·
Hey Maytag,

I have a 1999 Isuzu Amigo v6 4x4 with the rusted frame sitting in my driveway. It has the soft top with all frame components. The soft top is off of the vehicle and has been stored in garage since 2014. Should be in very good shape. The car was running well when I parked in 2014. Will need to be trailered since I don't have the time to get it running again.

I'm considering parting it out if I cannot find an "entire car" buyer.
Saw your post and thought I'd see if you're are still looking for a complete parts car.

Let me know. I'm in Cincinnati.

#3 ·
I would be interested, for sure. I'm in Utah, though..... so that's a thousand dollar hit to get the whole car here.
I'd make it worth your while to sell me the top parts. Even if just the "clamps" from the roof. (Though I'd be interested in the whole assembly)

#6 ·
If Dwei doesn't get back to you, I have a parts car outside and it should have the clamps still on it (no reason not too). I'll have to check. What parts of your top are incomplete? It's just kind of a bow frame, clamps, two plastic trays, and a very hard to find metal bar across the back. I bought a used top from ebay once and it was missing the metal bar and the plastic trays were in pieces, but I have some hacks to make it work if you're in the same boat?

#7 ·
Thanks for your reply, sorry I didn't see it more quickly.

So I have the bits and the metal bar across the back (though it's all very rough). And I have the drip rails that I was able to source separately.
I need the roof clamps, and i need the brackets that the bows mount to / pivot on.
I'd really, really appreciate you taking a look at your parts car and seeing what you've got.

I'll send you a pm right now.

#8 ·
@damianrocks
I might have misread your post but I wanted to try just in case. Would you happen to have the metal bar and the plastic drip rails available form your parts car? If so, I would be willing to buy them off you. I have everything else for the soft top conversion except those pieces.

thanks,

#9 ·
Hey man! Get your own thread! Hahaha
I'm just kidding, of course.... but I hope "first dibs" goes to the guy who started the thread. ;-)

mkos07 said:
@damianrocks
I might have misread your post but I wanted to try just in case. Would you happen to have the metal bar and the plastic drip rails available form your parts car? If so, I would be willing to buy them off you. I have everything else for the soft top conversion except those pieces.

thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.