Isuzu SUV Forum banner

WTB TROOPER

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  superswire 
#1 ·
I'M in NC. Thinking about selling my 04 Sequioa and getting a Trooper. Any for sell in NC? Need it to be complete and running.Thanks!

#4 ·
Look in the "Hot Deals" section here. I seem to recall a few good deals in there that were in the Carolina area. Dennis

#5 ·
DSUZU said:
Look in the "Hot Deals" section here. I seem to recall a few good deals in there that were in the Carolina area. Dennis
Yep there was a really nice one not long ago. OP what are you looking for? Gen 1 or a later version? BTW Gen 1's go through 91.

BTW if you are really patient I'll sell you mine! When I rebuild my parts car I am going to sell my current one. At my current rate that might be years though :drunken:

#7 ·
Going from a sequoia to a 1st gen trooper is like going from a caddy to a civic. capable machines, but very limited creature comfort. id check out a 92 and up trooper as well as a 1st gen before you make up your mind. There are several decent ones for sale on facebook marketplace all over NC, TN, SC, etc...if you want to check out a 99 before you buy one, i have an auto and my stepson has a 5 speed 99 as well. best of luck to ya.

#8 ·
superswire said:
Going from a sequoia to a 1st gen trooper is like going from a caddy to a civic. capable machines, but very limited creature comfort. id check out a 92 and up trooper as well as a 1st gen before you make up your mind. There are several decent ones for sale on facebook marketplace all over NC, TN, SC, etc...if you want to check out a 99 before you buy one, i have an auto and my stepson has a 5 speed 99 as well. best of luck to ya.
I have a gen 1 and the basics of it are what I like. That said, cruise control & power door locks and windows would be nice but some of the gen 1 LS's have all that. Heck maybe all the years had LS models with all of that. IMO the basic gen 1's are like a poor mans land rover and by land rover I am talking the old basic ones not the wife's grocery getter.

Figure out what you want and be patient. They do pop up fairly frequently. I am in east TN and when I was looking I found one of two things. Completely beat to hell, which I wouldn't touch or fairly straight and they wanted way too much for it. I drove a 2.6 1988 or 89 the guy wanted $2800 for. It had the power of a hamster running in a wheel and also some rust. Leaking oil like a sieve. Needed to be rebuilt and I told the guy that. Then I drove an automatic V6 and a 5 speed V6. Both complete pieces of ****. Yeah they ran and drove but barely. Ended up buying a non runner that was mostly straight & rust free for $800 which I thought was reasonable but they can be found for cheaper. Just take your time and you will find one but not too much because they are getting harder to find.

Also like the other guy said, I have found FB market place a better place to look than craigslist. And he's right, it is a big difference between a Sequoia to a gen 1 trooper!

#9 ·
giusedtobe said:
"I have a gen 1 and the basics of it are what I like. IMO the basic gen 1's are like a poor mans land rover and by land rover I am talking the old basic ones not the wife's grocery getter."
Same here. About the only thing I'd like to have would be a tilt wheel to make it a little easier to get my long legs in and out.

"Ended up buying a non runner that was mostly straight & rust free for $800 which I thought was reasonable but they can be found for cheaper. Just take your time and you will find one but not too much because they are getting harder to find."
Agreed. I can do the mechanical stuff but body work, not so much. I feel repairing rust is fighting a losing battle, rather start with a rust free one. Like the song says "Rust never sleeps."

"Also like the other guy said, I have found FB market place a better place to look than craigslist."
Seems like there a lot of jerks using craigslist in recent years. Didn't used to be that way.

Mike

#12 ·
there are 3 ar5 troopers for sale and 4 mua5 right now within 100 miles of charlotte on marketplace, even some nice rodeos/amigos. get them now becuase the prices of them are ridiculous !!!
if you are local to charlotte and need someone to ride and help inspect one, i may be able to help as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.