Isuzu SUV Forum banner

1986 Isuzu Trooper II 2 Door not running

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  TroopDawg 
#1 ·
Hi all,
It is time to move this out. I am planning on listing on craigslist and found this forum so thought I would ask here first. Would anyone like to have this? Any reasonable offer.

1986 Isuzu Trooper II 2 Door Gold with Tan Interior
111K Miles before head cracked. Parked for over 20 years.

It is in north central Phoenix (Central and Northern). I was planning on an engine swap (4ZD1 four-cylinder to something better) but life and kids got in the way. Mostly straight body with no rust showing, spare tire got bumped and bent back door. Quit driving due to cracked cylinder head.
Engine has been open all this time. Most everything original is still there. No pictures yet.

#5 ·
While I hate to think of going to a scrapper, the money in this is in the grille, and carb conversion parts. I'd still like to see someone get the whole thing and save it. Dennis

#7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. The problem is I no longer have enough time to work on this. Like it took me over 2 weeks to get photos and post the Craigslist.

If it were my choice we would get a new engine and radiator and go back to those places I never should have gone before. But I just don't have time to get this done.

Parting it is not a good option for me for the foreseeable future.

Was hoping someone would offer a song and take it home. Or just take it...
Like you say there is enough good stuff there :)

#8 ·
Geomancer said:
Thanks for the input guys. The problem is I no longer have enough time to work on this. Like it took me over 2 weeks to get photos and post the Craigslist.

If it were my choice we would get a new engine and radiator and go back to those places I never should have gone before. But I just don't have time to get this done.

Parting it is not a good option for me for the foreseeable future.

Was hoping someone would offer a song and take it home. Or just take it...
Like you say there is enough good stuff there :)
Like the others have said; the grill is worth more than scrap value as is. I think if you are in the Phoenix area someone will respond to your ad at some point. Try also FB marketplace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.