Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Rolled my Amigo on Dutch John

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  MarcusInMD 
#1 ·
I rolled my 2nd gen coming down Dutch John on Friday. The automatic transmission along with revos and the Aussie locker made it impossible to stop or correct my line and it went up a right wall and rolled. The crew had to drag it down the hill and do a controlled flip. The body is totaled but Zuul will live on with a new body. She runs great. Everyone is ok, except for my sprained ankle when it pitched me part way out the window and my ankle was momentarily pinned under the windshield pillar.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
IMG_0142.JPG
Another view

Attachments

#3 ·
I'm glad you weren't hurt bad! That could have turned out much worse. The worth of using seat belts and child safety seats even on the trails is self-evident. And the Amigo still ran and drove the next morning! Isuzus are made of tough stuff.

The problem-solving skills of the recovery team was truly impressive!

#5 ·
It was eerily quiet. Then I heard my grandson in the back seat say,"Papa! I'm in my car seat upside down!"

#6 ·
The rescue crew were amazing! They made a plan and executed it perfectly. They would have driven it back except the oil pressure gauge tube came loose and it was spewing oil from the filter housing.
I decided to go to my local urgent care center because the swelling hasn't subsided. Who knows? Maybe I'm wounded yet.

#7 ·
Glad no one was hurt too bad, you seemed pretty shaken up on Saturday when I was there.

The truck can be rebuilt. Look through the later half of my build thread for inspiration. Let me know if you need any help, parts or pointers swapping bodies.

Build thread - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=77608&start=125

#8 ·
The amazing thing was that Ziggy used a hi-lift to push the roof up and then actually drove it about 12 miles pulling a trailer to his friends house.

#9 ·
Holy moly! Glad yall are ok!!

#11 ·
So glad the injuries aren''t severe. I had to laugh at your grandsons first comment. He was your first concern, I'm sure, and he already has learned to use humor to defuse a situation.

#13 ·
I'd like to thank Shaggy and the crew for rescuing me, my son Brad and my grandson Will from that frightening experience. I owe them great gratitude. I'd like to thank Van for helping us work out the transportation of Zuul back home. I thank Timberwolf and his wonderful wife for the dinner and the care of the wounded (me) and I'd like to thank Allen and Ashley for their offer of letting me store my pop-up camper at their place for a few days. If there's anyone I've missed, please PM me because I don't want to leave you out. Some of this was a blur and I'm not sure who all was there.
This won't stop me, it just makes me more aware and cautious. I know what I need to be prepared for in the future, so that when I roll it down Daniel, the truck and I will ride away safely. :D :D

#14 ·
Live and learn...wear your seat belt. Congrats, you got lucky.

#15 ·
I never move without the seatbelt but now I'm getting racing harnesses.

#16 ·
Jon and the guys did an amazing job of getting this thing down the mountain. 4 or 5 hours worth of work I believe and some pretty tired gentlemen back at Arrowhead that night. A real blessing that no one was seriously hurt although Ssiggy was still hopping a little bit on Sunday. It was very impressive to see that little red Amigo pulling that trailer out to 109 on Sunday morning, Good to know that there is no requirement in NC for a front windshield on a vehicle :D although as dusty as the trails were I expect that windshield was missed and there was a lot of dust eaten on the way out. Looking forward to seeing the revamped Amigo next trip! MUA 5 and a clutch I'm hearing?

#17 ·
Crazy man We must have just missed you. We headed up that trail and were on that hill maybe about 3ish? Glad to hear your ok and everyone else is fine. Scary time but we are all there when you need something.

#18 ·
#19 ·
I got one from Joe Darlington for $100

#21 ·
I've already found a new body for it. It'll be way better by Spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.