Isuzu SUV Forum banner

round headlight conversion write-up

53K views 47 replies 20 participants last post by  MOZES 
#1 ·
like the title says this is a wright up that i have done for the folks who are looking at doing this.

first off you need the grill, side lamps, headlights, headlight brackets, as well as the wiring connections off of the head lights, screws.

next is the tear down.

you tear down the old grill assembly
once you have that all taken apart set it all aside, dont throw any thing away.

from there you do the main light, cut the connection about 3" from the plastic

then you take the connections that you salvaged with the grill and splice them together, the color codes are the same.

black is ground, red/W yellow stripe, and red.

repeat for both sides.
next the side light is what was the hardest one.

first you have to cut the wire connections off of the lights that are on the marker lights you are replacing,

then you need to cut the end off of the new (old) marker light.

then on the marker light thats going in, you should have 4 wires 2 green/red, 1 black, 1 green/blue.
splice both the red/green. then the black is ground and the green/blue is the blinker.

then you add the connector off of the first light.
you need to take the green/red and splice to the green/red, green/blue to the green/black, and the black to black

repeat for both sides.

then you can start the install. brackets then the lights.

the grill should snap into place, behind then marker lights you should have two screw holes that should let you mount to the back side.

once you have it all back together it should look like this

unless you have a grill guard then this is what it should look like.

if i forgot anything please feel free to comment, this is my first wright up.

See less See more
#28 ·
ok, little bit of an update. I did a HID install upgrade for my round eyes.

i cant get in to my ebay to post i link to the ones that i got, but i will edit it later, also they ran me about 40 bucks.

and installed.

the install wand the same as changing the old bulb. it took about 5 min each side. when i can i will get some night time pics posted. thanks again every one who helped my in making my post.

Reactions: MOZES
#32 ·
VO|TRON said:
any ideas on why my passanger light doesnt work on high beams? bulbs are brand new and both work on low beam.
It's a bulb. Quite like the one in your tail light. Only on steroids.

Has two filaments.

On low, one filament is lit up.

On high, both filaments are lit up.

Your high filament is burnt out on the passenger side.

#33 ·
I am going to have to post a photo tomorrow, a few actually, but it seems this grill is not lining up like it should... anyone have problems with this?

cheers
-Ian

#34 ·
imamonstertruck said:
I am going to have to post a photo tomorrow, a few actually, but it seems this grill is not lining up like it should... anyone have problems with this?

cheers
-Ian
Lining up how? The round eye grill is pretty much a straight fit. You have to get a little creative to make sure it is held in place nicely on the outside, but everything else is more-or-less perfect.

Bart

#35 ·
nfpgasmask said:
Lining up how? The round eye grill is pretty much a straight fit. You have to get a little creative to make sure it is held in place nicely on the outside, but everything else is more-or-less perfect.

Bart
Will post some photo's tomorrow.
cheers
-Ian

#36 ·
#39 ·
Swede said:
How are the Ebay headlights holding up? Any issues? I`m looking at a simular pair.
nah, they are doing good. i need to take them off and clean them out, but thats it

#40 ·
I got the same headlights. Did you have a hard time getting them to fit in the lock ring? They are thinner than the stock bulb assembly.

#41 ·
okay so, I have my round eye kit, cleaning it up at the moment but question now. I didn't want the original 7" round headlights since they are halogens. I'm looking for 2 7" lights that I can put an 8000k HID BI-xenon kit in that I have here at the house. Anyone know of a set of headlight housings that are simple and cheap? Really can't wait too put this sucker on as soon as I get it cleaned and screw tabs re-fabricated out of steel this time.

#42 ·
[/quote] nah, they are doing good. i need to take them off and clean them out, but thats it [/quote]

Hey Jeremy,
I did the conversion on my (recently wrecked) RS, and am in the process of building my new-to me RS, and was thinking of upgrading to the brighter bulbs when I convert Mr. White.

Are you getting any water in those housings, or is that fine old high desert dust just finding its way in through a small gasket seam?
My main concern is the difference in rainfall between Portland Oregon and the high desert where you're located.

Mark

#46 ·
MOZES said:
Okay, so question. What do you do with the marker light plugs wiring that plugged into the square headlights? Are they just not used now?
Mine are set off to the side but have toyed with the thought to add a marker lamp on the fender.

Cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

#47 ·
I hooked it to the led halo my lenses have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.