Isuzu SUV Forum banner

tire size max 88 trooper

71K views 40 replies 32 participants last post by  RedRacer 
#1 ·
can anyone help me out i need tires for my 88 trooperII its stock height and i want to know what the maximum size tire i can fit on it without modifying the suspension etc... rims are 15x6 i believe, maybe 6.5 :?:

#4 ·
#9 ·
I was asking for the other old thread to be "stickied"
Gary said:
justwork said:
I guess we need to "Sticky" this, or "Wicki" it. It must be the most asked question in "Wheels & Tires"
It seems that every other newbie asks what size tires will fit his truck, and I thought we needed to have the information in a prominent place and someone decided to "sticky" this thread.

#11 ·
neo said:
1st gen troopers are under powered 32 x 1150 is as big as i would go 8) neo
Wouldn't that inch extra width on 32s (power drain wise) be the same as running 33.10.50s? I am almost ready to assemble my engine & tires will be one of my first purchases I think. still in a toss up between 32/33 & 9.50/10.50/11.50. I know that all but maybe 33/11.50(do they even make these?) will fit a 1st Gen but what will the power be like? (sorry if too far off topic)

~psguardian

#12 ·
32x11.50's are alot heavier than 33x10.50's.

I've been running 32's for over a year and have taken it to the mountains a couple of times. It will get there and back, but it's not the fastest.

If your worried about power in a 1st gen Trooper you might want to consider another engine, or vehicle. :wink:

#13 ·
My 33 12.50's don't seem to be much better than the 35's I pulled off. Really not that bad with the new engine.

#15 ·
ursus2 said:
Here is picture my -83 no lift Trooper with 36" Swampers,they fit in just and just,but you can't turn with them. :lol:
:D i used to have a 76 cherokee 2 door with a 258 I-6 with a
T-15 3 speed tranny and a dana 20 trans case,3 inch body lift and a 3 inch suspension lift and 34 x 1050 mudders.it was the last year drum brake were used on the front .i love old jeeps 8) neo

#16 ·
OT.I have T-18 4-speed with low first gear and it's great transmission with 36'' tyres.I have two engine choices for Jeep,amc 258 six-in-line or Finnish made Valmet 4.2 l diesel fourbanger,which finnish Jeep importer assembled them in seventies.It's originally tractor motor :D .It's really not so bad as sounds.

#20 ·
Just thought I'd mention, I've done well by my 31x10.50 tires on a set of aftermarket 15x8" steel wheels. Though they stick out of the fenders a bit, I have yet to rub anything and that's with (so far) stock ride height.

#22 ·
-Deleted- said:
ursus2 said:
Here is picture my -83 no lift Trooper with 36" Swampers,they fit in just and just,but you can't turn with them. :lol:
:D i used to have a 76 cherokee 2 door with a 258 I-6 with a
T-15 3 speed tranny and a dana 20 trans case,3 inch body lift and a 3 inch suspension lift and 34 x 1050 mudders.it was the last year drum brake were used on the front .i love old jeeps 8) neo[/quotethat is a sweet trooper you got yeah! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.