Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Wheels 2002 Rodeo fit an 88 Trooper? Front brake upgrade?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Getsducks 
#1 ·
I got a chance to pick up some some 16" wheels off a wrecked 2002 Rodeo!
I thinks they look pretty good.
Wondering if they'd fit my 1988 Trooper?
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I'll post up a reply when I go look at em. It's a 2 hour round trip so...
Going to look at the front brake set up as well for the upgrade. The rotors look pretty rusty in the pics. I priced the full set up not including splash shields on Rockauto and it came out to $500 CAD with shipping! I wonder what a fair offer would be? Has anyone turned rotors lately? Ideas on costThanks as always .
Ducks

#7 ·
Believe the wheels are 100.3mm or so hub size. You could measure the hub diameter on that rig with the Big Brake parts, and measure the Rodeo wheels center hole.

If the info I found was correct, the 2002 Rodeo had 16" wheels. So there would be Zero clearance issues when installing the larger-diameter Gen II rotors on your '88 2.6 rig.

On the rotors, is that just surface rust or is it flaky, crumbly-type? Rotors are cast iron, so naturally they're gonna rust-up and look horrible. Minimum thickness is the important thing. If you have some medium-to-coarse sandpaper, see if you can easily sand the rust to clean metal.

Another factor is how much does it cost in Canuckistan to get rotors turned? Unless you're getting those rusty lumps for virtually nothing, maybe it's not worth doing?

I picked up some real nice slotted and drilled Gen II rotors for my Big Brake Upgrade, they weren't that expensive. Of course, you have shipping to BC and customs to deal with.

This site has a good selection of performance rotors at reasonable prices. They come zinc-plated, which is good for your BC Rust Belt! Or get 'em gold plated or black for a nominal fee.

https://www.cquence.net/isuzu-trooper-1 ... otors.html

I take it there are no wrecking yards in the area with used ZuZu parts? We still have a lot of ZuZu stuff in WA State but that Border crossing is a Beech right now, eh?? :mrgreen:

I suppose the Highway Robbers at the BC parts stores want Two Arms and Two Legs for their parts.

Another thing to consider is the labor you're gonna go thru to get the used rotors separated from those hubs. I'm assuming you don't want to pay the guy for hubs you don't need. If anything, I'd be sure to pick up the dust shields (which are almost impossible to find), and the calipers (for which the rebuild kits are ridiculously cheap). Get new hoses, I wouldn't mess around with used ones.

Offer the guy $100 for the mess, and you pull it; see what he says. You can always go up in price!

G'luck on your parts hunt...........ed

#8 ·
Howdy Ed

Feels like we're all in some kind O Fn Stan ATM.
If you look hard enough we're all getting robbed.
Ducks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.