Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Offset an and wheel size

6K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  nujac 
#1 ·
Hello everyone an sorry if this is already talked about. I'm new here an would like some help. So I've had this isuzu for about 8 years now, an im turning it into a project now. It's coming along . I have wheel spacers on right now at the moment an I'm not sure if there is a lift or not. Doesent seem to look stock. What I would like to know is what size tires an rims should I get. I'm looking for the look of fat an beefy an stick out rather then wheel spacers. Lol the spacers kinda sketchy me out I have s 1993 isuzu ls I believe here is a pic of my project

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure about tires and wheels... What the heck happened? Is that Great Stuff foam crack filler?

#3 ·
Hahahah yes sir then I'll use bondo. Not sure if I'm just going to bondo it or fiberglass it with the fenders brackets an take them off the original fenders Making my own. Does that make sense. Haha an then I'll hollow out all the foam I'm in the process of shaping right now But I'm not sure what it is called FPS style I think ? Aftermarket lower control arms an upper making them stick out more along with a longer tie rod. But for now I was just thinking about getting some rims with a back set I think it what it's called of like idk 6 inches pretty much make the damn thing look like a long board hahah skate bored

#5 ·
Well, the blue paint definitely makes it look sporty. But, I would stay away from that large of a spacer too. That's a lot of extra force on the ball joints and tie rods.

#6 ·
Lol i replaced the sway bar bushings th tie rod ends inner an outer an up bj an lower bj an I wanted them blue so I just painted the shocks as well. I figured I'd do that to get a fell of I. I'll have new shocks soon. An yea I don't want those huge spacers that's why I made this post to see if anyone could tell me what I should get an where to get it hold on let me post pics of what I'm talking about

#7 ·
#9 ·
While you might be able to achieve the "look", you won't be able to achieve the actual suspension. The picture you have posted is of a truck with a coil over suspension, which can allow for lots of travel. Our Isuzus have a torsion bar suspension system that is somewhat limited. They are very capable 4X4 vehicles, but they will never be a trophy truck or desert racer. Then again, I guess anything is possible. The question you need to ask yourself is, how much do I want to spend?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.