PlanetIsuzoo.com (Isuzu SUV Club)

Welcome to the Planetisuzoo Forums!
It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike's '89 RS
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:46 am 
Trail Master

Ive been driving a Miata for about a year and a half. Having gotten tired of folding myself in and out of it and kneeling on the ground to buckle in my 3 yr old, and also with winter coming I decided on a whim to check out the Isuzus on Craigslist. Didn't find anything that appealing. So I typed in ''trooper" in the search engine because sometimes you'll get a few that didn't pop up with the Isuzu search. I see an 89 'Izuzu' Trooper that wasn't there before. I look at the thumbnail and there's a black dash in the pic. So I clicked obviously. Texted the guy and traded straight across the next day.

This trooper used to belong to gbo3. He sold it after his daughter laid it on its side in the snow. Someone fixed the roof so it's straight again. So the only thing wrong with it is the big dent in the drivers side, a little wrinkle over the drivers door, a small dent on the pass side, and the lousy rattle can job someone did on the replacement door and front fender. It drives straight and runs great.

Attachment:
RS pass side.jpg

Attachment:
RS front.jpg

Attachment:
RS smittybilt.jpg

Attachment:
RS drivers side.jpg

Attachment:
RS dash.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Planetisuzoo/Isuzu FB Groups Member map

'89 Trooper RS, 2.6 5spd, Smittybilt rear bumper Sort of build thread

'89 Trooper: 2.6 5spd, Weber 32/36, Round eye swap, 3" body lift, Sliders, Auto-Meter center cluster, Hand throttle. Build thread

SOLD '93 pickup: 2.6 mfi, 4x4, 5spd, Passport Bucket Seats, Intermittent wiper added. Build Thread: forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=72720&p=639130#p639130

Post subject: Re: Mike's '89 RS
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:25 pm 
Trail Master

Added a 52" light bar. I bought the light bar for $100 from fourwheeldirect.us, I bought a harness from OPT7 lighting on Ebay, and I bought XJ Cherokee gutter mounts from Ebay. The light bar is a little long, but the next shortest they had was a 42" and that would be too short for any gutter mount. I think a 50" would have been better and it wouldn't have required any manipulating of the mounts. I also installed the cb I had laying around for the white trooper. I spliced a 12v socket plug to it so it can be portable between vehicles.
Attachment:
52 inch light bar.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Planetisuzoo/Isuzu FB Groups Member map

'89 Trooper RS, 2.6 5spd, Smittybilt rear bumper Sort of build thread

'89 Trooper: 2.6 5spd, Weber 32/36, Round eye swap, 3" body lift, Sliders, Auto-Meter center cluster, Hand throttle. Build thread

SOLD '93 pickup: 2.6 mfi, 4x4, 5spd, Passport Bucket Seats, Intermittent wiper added. Build Thread: forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=72720&p=639130#p639130

Last edited by mustanger999 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Mike's '89 RS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:36 am 
Super Trooper

nice find love it. bummer about it being rolled. it looks like it was a mint survivor