89 Trooper II project

Post pictures of your Isuzu here. Document Mods, showcase unique features and generally show off your truck

Moderator: Staff

89 Trooper II project

Postby mark2jz » Thu May 06, 2021 11:28 am

Hi guys, first post here, recently been interested in having 4x4 fun and although I wanted to go with something late model, such as a Tacoma or 4Runner and such, I ended up purchasing this Trooper from my father that’s had it about 10 years. Most of the pics below were after I gave it some attention and cleaned it up some. Currently it’s on a set of 31’s that I just put on. The 2.8 engine is healthy, headgasket was replaced about a years ago, along with the clutch. Balljoints and tie rods are next, and after an alignment I’ll take it out as-is and see how it does on local trails.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mark2jz
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 1 time

Sponsor

Re: 89 Trooper II project

Postby Tentin » Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 pm

Clean! The Tacoma(?) wheels fit very well
1995 Isuzu Pickup 4WD aka Suzie Q. 3" lift, 32" A/T's
1998 Isuzu Amigo 4WD aka Smeagol The Amigo. 2" Lift, 31" A/T's
Tentin
Rodeo King

Have thanks: 25 times

Re: 89 Trooper II project

Postby mark2jz » Thu May 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Good eye, yes they’re Tacoma wheels, not sure what Gen but they are 15x7. I picked them up because I wanted the tires but just put them on as-is since the center bore was large enough. They flow quite well since they’re also a 3 spoke. For peace of mind I also did some cleaning in the wheel Wells before while putting them on. It’s crazy how much caked on dirt was under there....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this post the author mark2jz was thanked by:
NC_Trooper
mark2jz
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 1 time