Isuzu SUV Forum banner

FREE Jeep RaleighNC (Sanford) "Today" Apr 1 2020

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RickP 
#1 ·
Not mine.
LOL, someone's pissed off ex-wife who says "After my husbands leaving he didn't take this POS jeep that he's been working on for years. Im sick and tired of it being in my way in our shed and I want it gone! Text or call me first and pick it up today!!!", so decide for yourself on that one... .
The Craigs List ad has one pretty decent photo, shows a totally mud-covered,lifted Jeep (year?) with big tires & a roof rack.
"Call or text" number is 919-353-6166.
Posted around noon today, April 1, 2020.
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/zip/d/sa ... 64121.html

#3 ·
giusedtobe said:
Might wind up dead for free too!
One of those situations when you make the phone call quickly (you snooze you lose) but make sure to ask a LOT of questions before you show up. She coulda been asking him to get the Jeep out of the driveway since 1992 or just since last Thursday. He could now be living in Nebraska... or just down the road. I would think all that would make a bit of a difference. Also, who has/where is the title? NC is the #1 most difficult state in the U.S in which to get paperwork for a "sold with no title" vehicle, according to the title companies like ABC Title, Broadway Title, etc.

Many years ago I responded to an ad for a pair of going-cheap '64 Plymouths, in Raleigh. The price was low because the guy & his wife were moving in a matter of days, they'd failed to plan for how they were gonna move all their stuff on time, the land the vehicles were on was being sold, and the guy was getting pretty desperate to get some cash out of the cars rather than have the new land owner show up and either "take possession" of the cars, scrap 'em, or whatever. I was ready to buy and was down to making phone calls to rollback drivers, to arrange pickup asap. The owner and his wife got into a squabble about the whole thing, in the middle of me trying to buy the cars, they were arguing about which items including vehicles were being moved on what day, who was gonna take responsibility for which tasks, what day they "really" had to be gone, etc etc. The whole negotiation just crashed & burned right there, because he just walked away in order to argue with her, and I couldn't get him back on track. I could've given him cash and had him sign something right there, but my gut told me these people were far from trustworthy, and I was afraid the rollback driver'd show up and be told "we changed our minds-- the cars aren't for sale" or even "get off my property, I don't know what you're talking about--- we ain't sold no cars to nobody". Never found out what happened to the Plymouths. [Moot point now--- I checked Craigs List in the middle of typing this, and the ad was still up. Five minutes later the ad was gone. Guess we'll never know].

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.