got hit

A forum to post about other vehicles (ex: post about your Toyota that won't start)

Moderator: Staff

got hit

Postby Skeletor » Thu May 06, 2021 11:26 pm

yup...got hit by a driver...who lost control on a wet stretch of road, spun around...hit one vehicle...then continued on and spun by..and clipped me... I'll know whether or not it'll get fixed ..or my lame --- insurance co, will try to total her...Always told the blowzos...that it's gonna get repaired..one way or another..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 Trooper V6 (sold) 1991 Trooper LS V6, (sold) 1990 Trooper V6, 2006 Pontiac Solstice,(sold) 1966 MG Midget, 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 47 times

Sponsor

Re: got hit

Postby Ed Mc. » Fri May 07, 2021 12:44 am

Ain't that the Shitzz! :x Sorry that happened.

Here's hoping for a good outcome..........ed
'90 3.4 Troop LS;
'89 Troop RS (Exhaust Valve Challenged), now gone to a Good Home!
Yes, I am a Trooper-Holic!!!
Keep On Troopin' !
Ed Mc.
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 405 times

Postby DSUZU » Fri May 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Wow! Glad you're okay. Two weeks ago, I came close to getting T-boned (my driver side) in my Baja. There is a bad interstate exit near me where the light for exiting is often missed or ignored by the cross street drivers. We usually wait until we see the cars stop. I waited, the cars stopped, I proceeded. The far lane had a BIG Chevy truck that didn't realize the other cars had all stopped. He went around them, and here is this HUGE grille coming straight at my drivers door. I gunned it, and he was standing on his brakes (while the anti-lock cut in and out). He finally stopped LESS than 6" from my rear quarter. Dennis
1991 LS Trooper 2.8 V6 5 speed conversion (Sold)
1989 LS Spacecab 2.6 5 speed 4x4 manual hubs, Rodeo torsion bars, extended shackles, 2" lift, K&N air filter (drop in), dump bed conversion, burgundy interior change, warn brush bar. Engine is bored .020 oversize and upgraded to 1994 pistons, head and EFI system.
Previously owned: 1987 Trooper II LS, 1989 Trooper (parts only), 1994 Trooper 3.2 Auto, 1997 Rodeo 2.6 5 speed, 1993 shortbed pickup 2.3 (project - sold) 1992 Rodeo 4x4 LS (parts car, devoured by Spacecab needs) plus some 70 plus other non Isuzu vehicles over the years. 1994 Amigo devoured to provide head and EFI system.
Heavily damaged by engine compartment fire while driving on March 24th 2018, condemned by insurance company and taken on March 30th 2018 :cry:.

https://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64060
City of St Petersburg (Fl) Fleet Maintenance 8/23/83 - 12/4/2018 (Retired). Started new job 6/4/2019. Was retired, now just tired.

If your wife has 5.00, and you have 20.00, your wife has...25.00

"Water is one of the greatest essentials of life. Without water, you can't make coffee."

Forget the "free education". Why waste time. Just give me the "FREE INCOME".
DSUZU
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 975 times

Postby Enemigo » Fri May 07, 2021 5:19 pm

DSUZU wrote:Wow! Glad you're okay. Two weeks ago, I came close to getting T-boned (my driver side) in my Baja. There is a bad interstate exit near me where the light for exiting is often missed or ignored by the cross street drivers. We usually wait until we see the cars stop. I waited, the cars stopped, I proceeded. The far lane had a BIG Chevy truck that didn't realize the other cars had all stopped. He went around them, and here is this HUGE grille coming straight at my drivers door. I gunned it, and he was standing on his brakes (while the anti-lock cut in and out). He finally stopped LESS than 6" from my rear quarter. Dennis

Did you jump out and give him a high five? "That was awesome bro! Catastrophe avoided!"
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 32 times

Postby Jake.Werecat » Fri May 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Ohh, sorry to hear that. Poor Yota. She's a 3rd gen 4 Runner, isn't she? Very decent cars! I'm driving 2nd gen and love this car.
Isuzu Trooper 3.1D 1997
Toyota 4-Runner 3.0V6 1991
Jake.Werecat
Loyal P'up

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby Enemigo » Fri May 07, 2021 7:18 pm

Jokes aside, sorry your truck got hit.
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Zu Royalty

Postby Skeletor » Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 pm

Jake.Werecat wrote:Ohh, sorry to hear that. Poor Yota. She's a 3rd gen 4 Runner, isn't she? Very decent cars! I'm driving 2nd gen and love this car.

aww, no problem with the black humor....loved it...and yeah, she is a 3rd gen...and I hope to get her fixed...insurance companies, are so sleazy....
1990 Trooper V6 (sold) 1991 Trooper LS V6, (sold) 1990 Trooper V6, 2006 Pontiac Solstice,(sold) 1966 MG Midget, 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Postby Ed Mc. » Fri May 07, 2021 9:49 pm

Skeletor wrote:
Jake.Werecat wrote:Ohh, sorry to hear that. Poor Yota. She's a 3rd gen 4 Runner, isn't she? Very decent cars! I'm driving 2nd gen and love this car.

aww, no problem with the black humor....loved it...and yeah, she is a 3rd gen...and I hope to get her fixed...insurance companies, are so sleazy....

4Runners hold their value very well, so chances are good the insurance co. will go along with getting it fixed.

Did the Idjit that hit you have insurance? I'd be hammering on them Big Time, unless your ins. co. is doing the Dirty Work already.
'90 3.4 Troop LS;
'89 Troop RS (Exhaust Valve Challenged), now gone to a Good Home!
Yes, I am a Trooper-Holic!!!
Keep On Troopin' !
Ed Mc.
I am the Stig

Have thanks: 405 times

Postby Enemigo » Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 pm

Nothing sleazy about totaling a vehicle that is lower in value with expensive damage.
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Zu Royalty

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri May 07, 2021 10:47 pm

Enemigo wrote:Nothing sleazy about totaling a vehicle that is lower in value with expensive damage.

Insurance valuations for older vehicles (in good condition) are ridiculously low. Getting a realistic, fair valuation is almost impossible. That's what's sleazy.

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 117 times

Postby Enemigo » Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 am

A4Runner of that generation is probably pretty tough. Assuming Skeletor is in the US, there are ways to "fight" insurance.
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Zu Royalty

Postby DSUZU » Sat May 08, 2021 7:25 am

These days here's what I can tell you about accidents - from previous experience. LAWYER. What all the ads say is completely true: the insurance companies are out to screw you. Second thing DON'T SIGN ANYTHING. At least not until you are happy with the settlement. This is what they did to me: Called me at COB on a Friday afternoon. Rattled off a bunch of numbers that sounded fair (for the car settlement), and said she was sending a packet that had to be back ASAP with the signed title. Once they have that, THEY are in control. In my case, all it cost me was a couple of extra weeks car rental out of my pocket. Dennis
1989 LS Spacecab 2.6 5 speed 4x4 manual hubs, Rodeo torsion bars, extended shackles, 2" lift, K&N air filter (drop in), dump bed conversion, burgundy interior change, warn brush bar. Engine is bored .020 oversize and upgraded to 1994 pistons, head and EFI system.
Previously owned: 1987 Trooper II LS, 1989 Trooper (parts only), 1994 Trooper 3.2 Auto, 1997 Rodeo 2.6 5 speed, 1993 shortbed pickup 2.3 (project - sold) 1992 Rodeo 4x4 LS (parts car, devoured by Spacecab needs) plus some 70 plus other non Isuzu vehicles over the years. 1994 Amigo devoured to provide head and EFI system.
Heavily damaged by engine compartment fire while driving on March 24th 2018, condemned by insurance company and taken on March 30th 2018 :cry:.

City of St Petersburg (Fl) Fleet Maintenance 8/23/83 - 12/4/2018 (Retired). Started new job 6/4/2019. Was retired, now just tired.

"Water is one of the greatest essentials of life. Without water, you can't make coffee."

DSUZU
I am the Stig

Postby Enemigo » Sat May 08, 2021 7:53 pm

Signing checks is only an issue when injuries are involved. It is generally bad advice to tell people not to sign things regarding insurance. If you don't want to sign your vehicle over, say so up front and ask questions until you are comfortable with the process.
1999 Amigo - Sold
1999 Trooper. Mods TBD
Enemigo
Zu Royalty

Postby DSUZU » Sun May 09, 2021 7:31 am

Note that my statement said "not until you are happy with the settlement". This was / is all on the advice of my attorney, who I completely trust. This would especially apply in so many cases here where people have put much work and money into vehicles that the insurance companies would write off and send to the scrapyards. Dennis

DSUZU
I am the Stig

Postby Skeletor » Sun May 09, 2021 11:14 am

DSUZU wrote:Note that my statement said "not until you are happy with the settlement". This was / is all on the advice of my attorney, who I completely trust. This would especially apply in so many cases here where people have put much work and money into vehicles that the insurance companies would write off and send to the scrapyards. Dennis

how very true....rule number one...for me....I never sign anything....until i fully understand what I am signing....they wanted me to sign...and of course, I refused until I read and understood everything.....things are changing....as I have engaged my lawyer....not all of a sudden, they are 'willing' to play ball...as now my legal partner...has 'em by their hearts and minds....I'm still hammering for a fix...but if it does get totaled...then i won't accept any flimsy #$% offer....again, I found it funny...when they were dealing with me only...they were being bully like...once my Lawyer jumped in on my side, the attitude changed.....

anyhow, I'll be happy when this dog and pony show ends........and if worse case scenario...happens.....all ready have found replacement 4 runners...but I really prefer to get mine fixed.....
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Postby Skeletor » Sat May 22, 2021 12:22 am

Skeletor wrote:
DSUZU wrote:Note that my statement said "not until you are happy with the settlement". This was / is all on the advice of my attorney, who I completely trust. This would especially apply in so many cases here where people have put much work and money into vehicles that the insurance companies would write off and send to the scrapyards. Dennis

how very true....rule number one...for me....I never sign anything....until i fully understand what I am signing....they wanted me to sign...and of course, I refused until I read and understood everything.....things are changing....as I have engaged my lawyer....not all of a sudden, they are 'willing' to play ball...as now my legal partner...has 'em by their hearts and minds....I'm still hammering for a fix...but if it does get totaled...then i won't accept any flimsy #$% offer....again, I found it funny...when they were dealing with me only...they were being bully like...once my Lawyer jumped in on my side, the attitude changed.....

anyhow, I'll be happy when this dog and pony show ends........and if worse case scenario...happens.....all ready have found replacement 4 runners...but I really prefer to get mine fixed.....

here's a update...I've decided to not to total the 4runner...and had her towed to Brewer's on poplar near cleveland....the vehicle has been there for the last 10 days. Stopped by today, and my 4runner is about 75 % done. they have replaced front bumper and grill, radiator, internal supports, passenger side front fender, hood, etc..I expect she'll be done in the next 3-5 days...then court...as I go after their insurance company...can't wait to go up against these leeches...
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Postby giusedtobe » Sat May 22, 2021 10:30 am

JoeIsuzu wrote:
Enemigo wrote:Nothing sleazy about totaling a vehicle that is lower in value with expensive damage.

Insurance valuations for older vehicles (in good condition) are ridiculously low. Getting a realistic, fair valuation is almost impossible. That's what's sleazy.

Jack

I was thinking the same the other day driving my 88 Trooper. If some joker hits me it will be done because I am sure they will give me peanuts for the value. I have way more in it than I could ever get out of it if it was totaled for some minor fender bender.
giusedtobe
Trail Master

Have thanks: 31 times

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat May 22, 2021 1:31 pm

giusedtobe wrote:
JoeIsuzu wrote:

Jack

I was thinking the same the other day driving my 88 Trooper. If some joker hits me it will be done because I am sure they will give me peanuts for the value. I have way more in it than I could ever get out of it if it was totaled for some minor fender bender.

True. In this type of case, if you can't convince them to raise their valuation, your only option is to sue them, or accept their best offer, and buy it back with a "salvage" title (terms vary by state), then decide if it's worth restoring at your expense. And if it's your own insurance company, you may have already agreed to use their own arbitration process rather than a civil suit.

Jack
Original owner, 1983 Isuzu P'up LS Diesel. Engine overhauled by JLEMOND. Ready for new paint now!
1994 Isuzu Amigo 2wd
IsuzuPup.com
"There are no dumb questions"?! Maybe not...
but there are smart ways to ask. Old, but classic:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JoeIsuzu
Almost Joe Isuzu

Have thanks: 117 times

Postby Skeletor » Sun May 23, 2021 11:31 am

giusedtobe wrote:
JoeIsuzu wrote:

Jack

there lies the problem...as older isuzu parts continue to dry up...everything from internal to body parts...and once Jerry Lemond totally gets out of the isuzu game, it's really gonna get hard to secure parts..Sadly, there's not a whole heck of a lot of third party vendors doing OEM style items for our Troopers, Rodeos, Pups, etc..and what little is produced, is some truly shoddy crap out of china. Where for my '97 4Runner, The bump shop was able to order NEW parts from not only Toyota, but any number of third party vendors, and the quality is very good...hence she's getting repaired...and not scheduled to go to the local bone yard to get her carcass picked clean...and the insurance company was all too quick to pull the TOTALED trigger....later this week, I'll pick her up...and I'll post pics...and I'll let you know the final cost....I will say this...whatever I spend out of pocket, ( until reimbursed by insurance) would be in line for a replacement vehicle..I checked the tri-state area for decent 4Runners...and the Pickens are slim...and vastly expensive...as used SUV prices, are thru the roof...
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Postby Skeletor » Tue May 25, 2021 3:04 pm

Skeletor wrote:
giusedtobe wrote:
JoeIsuzu wrote:

Jack

there lies the problem...as older isuzu parts continue to dry up...everything from internal to body parts...and once Jerry Lemond totally gets out of the isuzu game, it's really gonna get hard to secure parts..Sadly, there's not a whole heck of a lot of third party vendors doing OEM style items for our Troopers, Rodeos, Pups, etc..and what little is produced, is some truly shoddy crap out of china. Where for my '97 4Runner, The bump shop was able to order NEW parts from not only Toyota, but any number of third party vendors, and the quality is very good...hence she's getting repaired...and not scheduled to go to the local bone yard to get her carcass picked clean...and the insurance company was all too quick to pull the TOTALED trigger....later this week, I'll pick her up...and I'll post pics...and I'll let you know the final cost....I will say this...whatever I spend out of pocket, ( until reimbursed by insurance) would be in line for a replacement vehicle..I checked the tri-state area for

decent 4Runners...and the Pickens are slim...and vastly expensive...as used SUV prices, are thru the roof...

here's update...just came back from bump shop...she's almost ready to go...I'll pick her up..on friday....or NLT monday....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skeletor
Zu Royalty

Postby DSUZU » Tue May 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Skeletor wrote:
giusedtobe wrote:
JoeIsuzu wrote:
Enemigo wrote:there lies the problem...as older isuzu parts continue to dry up..

Here's one that fits this thread: In my little work fleet, I have 2 2019 Ford Transit Connect minivans. One of them got hit in it's parking space by a hit and leave driver. The driver side sliding door is damaged. FORD has a few OEM new replacement doors, but refuses to release them to ANY body shop other than a Ford dealer shop. There is no projected manufacture date for any more doors, and no door skins available. Currently there are ZERO used doors available in the US. My body work vendor is on a waiting list for a door. One more reason to NOT buy a Ford product. Dennis

DSUZU
I am the Stig

Postby giusedtobe » Wed May 26, 2021 10:54 am

DSUZU wrote:
Skeletor wrote:
giusedtobe wrote:
JoeIsuzu wrote:
Enemigo wrote:there lies the problem...as older isuzu parts continue to dry up..

One more reason to NOT buy a Ford product. Dennis

Wow I hate to hear that. I've preferred Ford amongst the domestic brands but stuff like this does bother me. I would be surprised if they all aren't doing similar things.
giusedtobe
Trail Master

Have thanks: 31 times

Postby gwana66 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:12 pm

I think those things are built in Spain and Turkey. Probably can't get any replacement parts on a boat.
98 Amigo, 2.2 5sp 4x4, 4.77 gears and factory LSD.
Power nothing - No power windows, no power locks, no power engine. ;)
Even the hubs are manual now.
2002 Grille and headlight swap
gwana66
Zu Royalty

Have thanks: 269 times

Postby DSUZU » Fri May 28, 2021 4:55 pm

gwana66 wrote:I think those things are built in Spain and Turkey. Probably can't get any replacement parts on a boat.

To not hijack, I'm starting a new thread to be called "Ford". Dennis

DSUZU
I am the Stig