Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • HECK NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

1995.5 Rodeo - good deal? Murphy, NC

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Assport96 
#1 ·
Been looking for a Rodeo for a bit and found this clean example of a 1995.5 about an hour from where I live. Not sure what a fair price is on one this old but I was able to determine that it has 180,000 miles; auto tranny, 3.2 SOHC; last timing belt change was in 2007 at 112,000 miles; new brakes; tires decent; paint looks really good except for some serious but isolated oxidation on the hood; interior is about a 9/10; LS trim with the 6 disc changer and all the chrome bits; original sales literature in the glove box including the spare key in the official "izuzu" cardboard box. It is two owner, one family (a brother and sister). Sister died 5 years or so ago and brother got it. He's not sure about any of her maintenance records and hasn't done any major repairs himself, just the new brakes. No info when/if the transmission fluid was ever changed. Probably needs a new timing belt simply because of the age, even though there is only about 68,000 miles on the current timing belt. I understand it's non-interference on the 3.2 though. Judging by the overall presentation of the car, and my 10 minute test drive, it was well taken care of. Most of these things look seriously rough on Craigslist. I haven't really came across a clean example before.

Asking price is $2,200 and it's firm, I'm told. I almost bought it but the lack of any info on how well it was maintained kept me from jumping on it. Still thinking about it though. Might drive back and look again this weekend. What do you all think?

PICTURES (link to public file on my google drive, sorry they were too large to post here):
PICTURES CLICK HERE

See less See more
#2 ·
KBB isn't the be all end all but it seems to put that example at around 1500 higher end. So not too far off but certainly a bit high. Not sure if you folks have rust issues in NC, but here in NJ my eyes are all over the frame! Maybe grab a look underneath?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.